Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Feb Dirtwheels 450R review...a success

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 10:14 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feb Dirtwheels 450R review...a success

Nicely stated MacV. Pick your fave and what suits you. Isn't it great to have all these choices! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Tellico, don't you think the testers are just as familiar w/ the private test track, as you and your buddies are with your local riding area? If you are familiar with your surroundings, you can often times find added ways to further test a machine, and that way you can concentrate on pushing that machine to it's max.

2fast4u.....The skill level of ATV Sport test riders is something you evidently don't know about. We're right next door to you.

The March 2004 issue of ATV Sport has a full 450 review.

Old 01-08-2004, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider

If a machine from the 80's is better than the YFZ what says the new version of it wont be? HP #'s??? they dont mean anything ppl! WAKE UP! the quad is only as fast as the rider! but Honda does have the handling advantage...

Old 01-08-2004, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: z250freak<brThis is coming from a 300ex owner, do you really consider that a sport quad. You people are babys, dont listen to the mags and wait until they come out and see for yourself. Thats the only way your going to find out. ATV Sport rated it and they said it was good and they are definetly not payed by honda because they rated the z250 better then the honda in there buyers guide.
I wasn't trying to bash the Z..he was just bein a d!ck so calm down there junoir. Second of all, teh 300ex is a sport quad...I don't see many quads that aren't sport with a clutch..o yea that is because there aren't any!

Old 01-08-2004, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

Well, im going to get a clutch on mine next summer and then will it be considered a sport quad? Question for you, what class is the v-force if its not a sport machine?

Old 01-08-2004, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

Listen guys....I can not believe that Honda is paying dirtwheels any "payolla" to write a good review.....that's just stupid. I have read plenty of good reviews about Yamahas, Polaris, well not Suzuki, but even Kawasaki has had good reviews. Is it so hard to believe that if Honda gets good reviews it's cause they build a good machine?

Old 01-09-2004, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: modquad
Nicely stated MacV. Pick your fave and what suits you. Isn't it great to have all these choices! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Tellico, don't you think the testers are just as familiar w/ the private test track, as you and your buddies are with your local riding area? If you are familiar with your surroundings, you can often times find added ways to further test a machine, and that way you can concentrate on pushing that machine to it's max.

2fast4u.....The skill level of ATV Sport test riders is something you evidently don't know about. We're right next door to you.

The March 2004 issue of ATV Sport has a full 450 review.
I will very gladly travel to their "PRIVATE TRACK" and even other places, but I do want to go to very EXTREME places to ride!! Not some pansy little country dirt road!!!! If your gonna test a quad, then test it to the MAX!!!

Old 01-09-2004, 03:26 AM
Pro Rider

Did someone say Dirtliars????????????????????

Guess I cant believe them even when I want to LMAO.

Guys these people are journalists or people who write for a living, and are any of you suprized they can make words seem to say things that they dont mean etc.

I think those who have noticed that the decisions on what is best etc is honestly more to do with promoting what ever is the newest machine than it is about any payoff or what ever. You cant honestly believe that there is a purchase of a good review, but I can believe they will re write a review on a machine they didnt like but is made by a major advertizer in a way that is not going to hurt their sales.

One of the worst examples was when they put the z400 over the cannondale due to the Z being more suited to the average trail rider and some bs about how a non racer would be faster on the Z.

Well helloooooo last time I checked a shoot out comaparison was about all out performance, not what your overweight neighbor who just purchased his first quad would be faster on!!!!

I think I totally gave up after reading that one.

Wow I even forgot to renew my subscription, what a loss, NOT.

Oh as far as the two 450's go I expect them to be more compareable than anything these companies have ever produced b4, but since none of us has been on the 450R its still heresay.

Old 01-09-2004, 06:57 AM
Pro Rider

I would make a comment about another quad but I can't say its name or else I will get in trouble by the M!!! Hint, these little varmints dig holes aka " " dogs, in huge wide open "feilds" LOL!!! They actually do it right that time, they test for all out performance and not the true nature of its purpose!!!!!!

Old 01-09-2004, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider

All I know is that I must be about the last person to ever get his Dirtwheels in the mail. Geeze, I have been reading about this HONDA write up for two weeks now and my mag still isn't here.

Old 01-11-2004, 08:25 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Kyperman
I just read the Feb Dirtwheels 450R review and they seem very impressed.....they had MANY positive things to say....it seems that in about every way it is superior to the yfz so far.....time will tell, but I am gonna have to start saving my money I think.
man, are you retarded, for dirtwheels that is a horrible review. just compare to the review they gave the yfz. go look... now. i ready them both last night and they gave the yfz a way better review. just "good" in dirtwheels is "horrible" in the real world.

Quick Reply: Feb Dirtwheels 450R review...a success