Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Do you need permission from your wife to buy toys?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you need permission from your wife to buy toys?

Some chicks get it, some don't. The fact is, quads are more than a machine, but a way of life. I challenge any non-quad owner to find a greater bond between friends anywhere else. The fact is there just isnt. Lets face it, If a chick feels that she has competion from a quad, then she really doesn't get it. Now, Banshee chick - she gets it! To me, there's nothing more hot then a chick with her own set of tools working on her quad in the parking lot.

Thats the only one that I would marry.

Marky

Old 01-16-2004, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider

If you aren't a team, if you're hiding money from each other, and keeping separate accounts, that's not a marriage its an arrangement. I've seen those arrangements go down in flames a lot.

When we are going to purchase something major, we talk about it. Our finances are important, and we make logical decisions. That's why we have toys, no debts, and a pile in the bank.

If you aren't together chasing the same dream don't be together.

Old 01-16-2004, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, you have to figure that when you are married everything is done together, or at least that's how it SHOULD be. My wife and I both work and both make very good money, but I would still not just go and buy an expensive item such as a quad or any motorized vehicle without first discussing it. You have to figure that most women (OK gals don't bash me!) see quads as simply toys or material items.....which they are....but they do mean a lot more to us guys.
I am not saying that you should have to ask permission like she's your parent, but it is something that should be discussed and mutually agreed on. Let's face it, even a cheap quad costs a considerable amount of money that could be used for other things such as savings or simply paying off any other debts.
It's known that money is usually the main cause of fighting between couples. I can't say there is a right or wrong in that situation, but it depends greatly on your financial stability. If someone is in debt to their eyeballs and doesn't make a considerable amount, material items should be put on hold. Remember, communication is the key to any relationship!

Old 01-16-2004, 11:37 AM
KGB
Pro Rider

I am with you Shady! Nicely Put.

Old 01-16-2004, 11:40 AM
Range Rover

Hey Guys, I wondering if I started all of this! Yesterday I posted how my future x said if i buy a quad she was leaving- I bought two!!! I also said you can kick my wife but dont touch my dog. Now I really dont condone kicking of women . but I love my dog.The woman is moving out tommorow , We were never married- We have a son together(loves tools- bikes - quads, Hes 5).Which kept us together for this long.She has her own job but does not contribute to the home. I bought the house and pay all of the bills. Like you guys said just not the right one. I am so so jealous of that shady rascal. Riding with his family. She not only rides she jumps!!! I have grown up around tools and bikes .So if I ever get involved with another women, I hope I meet her on a trail or out on the dunes if me and the boy ever go west. I "m sure someone out there can relate !!!!

Old 01-16-2004, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: deautaronomy
Hey Guys, I wondering if I started all of this! Yesterday I posted how my future x said if i buy a quad she was leaving- I bought two!!! I also said you can kick my wife but dont touch my dog. Now I really dont condone kicking of women . but I love my dog.The woman is moving out tommorow , We were never married- We have a son together(loves tools- bikes - quads, Hes 5).Which kept us together for this long.She has her own job but does not contribute to the home. I bought the house and pay all of the bills. Like you guys said just not the right one. I am so so jealous of that shady rascal. Riding with his family. She not only rides she jumps!!! I have grown up around tools and bikes .So if I ever get involved with another women, I hope I meet her on a trail or out on the dunes if me and the boy ever go west. I "m sure someone out there can relate !!!!
Good for you - As soon as they make you choose between the quad and them, they control your life. Couples should want to be together, not coerced.

Old 01-16-2004, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider

Remember it's better to have an accomplice than warden.

Old 01-16-2004, 02:47 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Wow! I feel sorry for you guys with the controlling wives/significant others. I know that I would hate to be in a relationship where I had to hide the fact that I bought lunch, beer or whatever.
As far as asking for permission, my husband can get what he wants, when he wants.
He11, I was the one that told him he needed to go buy the YFZ!
He always tells me when he is getting something, and as long as we are able to pay the bills I could care less what he gets.

Old 01-16-2004, 03:37 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Originally posted by: raptorchick
Wow! I feel sorry for you guys with the controlling wives/significant others. I know that I would hate to be in a relationship where I had to hide the fact that I bought lunch, beer or whatever.
As far as asking for permission, my husband can get what he wants, when he wants.
He11, I was the one that told him he needed to go buy the YFZ!
He always tells me when he is getting something, and as long as we are able to pay the bills I could care less what he gets.

Thats cool!!

Thats kind of the way my hubby feels too (i think[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img])

Old 01-16-2004, 05:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Has to be a balance. As for guys that need to ask permission, may be a control freak - who needs that? One poor bastard said he needed to ask permission just to buy oil and a spark plug, that seems strange. Anyways..................

'00 400EX
Custom Axis ZP
TC Engine

Quick Reply: Do you need permission from your wife to buy toys?