Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Do you need permission from your wife to buy toys?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2004, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you need permission from your wife to buy toys?

Originally posted by: UBETRUN
Originally posted by: ShadyRascal
If you aren't a team, if you're hiding money from each other, and keeping separate accounts, that's not a marriage its an arrangement. I've seen those arrangements go down in flames a lot.When we are going to purchase something major, we talk about it. Our finances are important, and we make logical decisions. That's why we have toys, no debts, and a pile in the bank.If you aren't together chasing the same dream don't be together.
Since I was the only one that posted something about separate checking accounts, I've got to assume that you are looking down your nose at me. My wife and I are extremely happy with our financial arrangement and have been that way for the last 12 years. In previous marriages, we both tried doing it the normal way, "what's yours is mine and what's mine is yours." Personally, I think that fairy tale was invented by some housewife that didn't have any of her own money. We both prefer "his, hers, and ours." The best spouse is the one that doesn't need you for anything, they just stick around because they enjoy your company.
I know it works for some couples, but, truley, the new research coming out is that separate checkbooks works best. But I got to say, it would be tough to change a marriage from one checkbook to three. When my wife was on some sort of control trip, I suggested that we have two checkbooks - She absolutly freaked - Even though thats what HER counselor suggested. After I got my own, she left - So it wouldn't surprise me that some might get a little concerned over it.

In the end, the only thing I missed from her was her dishwashing ability - so I bought a Maytag and have been fine ever since. That dishwasher not only scrubs, cleans and disposes, it sanitizes every dish! What a wonder of technology!

Old 01-17-2004, 03:01 AM
Pro Rider

ok guys I tried the check book thing and didn't tell her she went bolistic and said I had a girl on the side I like the arrangment but she didn't they are all control freaks....but we love them [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-17-2004, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: KGB
Small lesson: "It's easier to ask for forgivness, than ask for permission"
Iron, maybe you are the sucker who got suckered into marring the WRONG woman!.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Exactly I just buy and answer questions later.

Old 01-18-2004, 02:06 AM
Pro Rider

sweet answer...how does that 460ex run??? run up against any other quads and results?

Old 01-18-2004, 02:23 AM
Pro Rider

Motor isnt all the way together yet but my 440 ran awesome and this will run better. I exect it to put out around 50 horse. I'm going to take it up to GtThunder this spring and put it on the dyno.

Old 01-18-2004, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider

please let us know I'm real interested in this for I would like to do the same, thx

Old 01-18-2004, 02:36 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: UBETRUN
Originally posted by: ShadyRascal
If you aren't a team, if you're hiding money from each other, and keeping separate accounts, that's not a marriage its an arrangement. I've seen those arrangements go down in flames a lot.When we are going to purchase something major, we talk about it. Our finances are important, and we make logical decisions. That's why we have toys, no debts, and a pile in the bank.If you aren't together chasing the same dream don't be together.
Since I was the only one that posted something about separate checking accounts, I've got to assume that you are looking down your nose at me. My wife and I are extremely happy with our financial arrangement and have been that way for the last 12 years. In previous marriages, we both tried doing it the normal way, "what's yours is mine and what's mine is yours." Personally, I think that fairy tale was invented by some housewife that didn't have any of her own money. We both prefer "his, hers, and ours." The best spouse is the one that doesn't need you for anything, they just stick around because they enjoy your company.
Oh, I'm not looking down my nose at anybody. I just have an opinion, that if you can't communicate with your wife on purchases that go four figures there's a problem. I know people who WERE married and kept those separate accounts, and they split the house payment and grocery bills like college roommates. That's ridiculous to me. Having to rathole money so you can get your head ported is like sneaking out past curfew at your parent's house.

There's a difference between a marriage and an arrangement, I'll stand by that statement. I will however modify my separate accounts statement; If it's agreed that both parties keep their play money there, no problem.

Old 01-18-2004, 02:42 AM
Pro Rider

hey everyone is different if a guy has to hide his account thats him that doesn't mean he loves his wife less it means he doesn't like conflicts and I am with such a person. I would and did the same but I love my wife and we have great communation, put it this way what if her best friend hit on you would you run and tell her or just let it ride and forget it knowing it would cost more headache telling her? well sometimes it's better just let things go and it better that way it doen't make you less of a man.

Old 01-18-2004, 02:47 AM
Pro Rider

If you have to hide your account you're on shaky ground. Period.

Old 01-18-2004, 02:47 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: huskerjim
hey everyone is different if a guy has to hide his account thats him that doesn't mean he loves his wife less it means he doesn't like conflicts and I am with such a person. I would and did the same but I love my wife and we have great communation, put it this way what if her best friend hit on you would you run and tell her or just let it ride and forget it knowing it would cost more headache telling her? well sometimes it's better just let things go and it better that way it doen't make you less of a man.
I feel the same way. We have a joint account we use to pay the bills and i kept my account i had before we got married that I use for my quad. My quad habit is pretty self supporting part wise so there arent to many conflicts.

Quick Reply: Do you need permission from your wife to buy toys?