Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

About to Buy: What extra costs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 02:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About to Buy: What extra costs?

I am about to be buying my first ATV (either a Rancher AT or Rubicon, not sure yet). But I wanted to know how many extra costs they add on during the deal. Also, are there any bogus addon costs I should look out for? I dont want to be screwed when I go to buy it.

Old 01-16-2004, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

They are just like car dealerships, they will try to throw in some bullsh!t. First, go on Honda's website and find out the retail price. After you get that, call up the dealership and say that you already have a deal at another dealership for about $100 less than retail (whatever that is) out the door (OTD). Ask if they can beat it and if they try to talk just be like, if you aren't gonna put your best foot foward, I'm not gonna deal with this ****. Remember man: this is a big investment, you gotta be the bad guy to get a good deal! Just call all the dealerships around you and will evetually get a OTD price of at least 200-300 bucks below retail! GOOD LUCK! I'll private message this to you incase you forget to check your own thread! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-16-2004, 02:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks guys, these are perfect answers [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] So there really are no charges? Or they lower the retail enough to include those charges?

Old 01-16-2004, 07:34 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have read on here some where about some awesome dealer prices in your area. Mostly in Oklahoma but some in texas. Seems like about $500-$700 less than retail. If you pay retail in your area your getting hosed. Do some searching. Go to the honda website dealer locator and it will give you some phone numbers to call. My dealer only adds $20 to the otd price for paperwork.

Old 01-16-2004, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider

Also, if it's your first atv there are things like a helmet, boots, gear, etc. That stuff adds up. I know you don't need all that stuff but you do need a helmet at the very least, it will save your life one day. And once you get it, it's hard to keep stock.