Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rancher AT v. Rubicon v. Rincon - which one?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 06:08 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancher AT v. Rubicon v. Rincon - which one?

Want a quad mostly for trail riding, with an auto transmission. I also want to plow snow. Any of these bikes would probably be great, but what do you think? I think 400cc's is enough power for me (only 175lbs). Is the ride really that much better on the Rincon? What about the engine braking on the three quads (We have a lot of steep hills where I ride)? Any input would be appreciated!

Old 01-22-2004, 06:41 PM
Range Rover

The Rincon's the Cadillac. Smooth ride, tons of power, but no way is it meant for plowing snow. The Rubicon is a good trail machine, but you can't unlock the 4x4. It is full time 4 wheel drive. Big deal right? Well unless you need the traction, it is no good for cornering & handling. Rubicon is a great machine, but IMO it is not versatile enough for me. Rancher AT is about the most versatile machine I can think of, very compatible in almost any condition. That and the Foreman ES / S. I chose the Foreman ES due to the extra power. I love it. I ride trails for fun with it, and I plow snow with it. Not to mention it was like $2,000 less than a Rincon. If I was not going to plow snow or work with it, I would've chosen the Rincon. Just my two cents.

Old 01-22-2004, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider

The Rincon can plow just fine if not as well as the others. It's hands down the best trail bike out there.

Old 01-22-2004, 07:06 PM
Trailblazer

I agree with yellow650rincon THE RINCON IS THE BEST BIKE IN MY FAMILY

Old 01-22-2004, 07:20 PM
Range Rover

No doubt the Rincon is nice, but there is a reason it doesn't come with a trailer hitch platform, a super low gear, or an 850 pound towing capacity. I am not starting a war, just stating that the Rincon is in a different category than a Rancher of Foreman, which are better suited to hard work and lots of it.

Old 01-22-2004, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

The rincon has a very great ride, but its not the best for utility work. I would say that a Foreman S for work (plowing)...but if you do not do much with your quad, then the rincon would be fine. I myself, and getting a rincon ASAP, but the FOREMAN S is a VERY nice quad. I agree with steadyfreddie in this: "but there is a reason it doesn't come with a trailer hitch platform" ya. Think about that. I would say that if you need to do A TON of plowing, then a rincons not your quad. But the Rincon is one of the best trailers around!

AND I AM GETING ONE!

Old 01-23-2004, 02:21 AM
BSA
Pro Rider

I agonized over those choices too. I got the Foreman 450ES.

Old 01-23-2004, 01:31 PM
Trailblazer

I chose the Rincon based on its versatility. I wanted a quad that could haul *** on the fast stuff, and get me out of trouble in the slow stuff. So far it hasnt let me down. Great quad, couldnt be happier.

Old 01-23-2004, 03:11 PM
Trailblazer

I use mine for plowing snow and it does just fine, however I might look at installing a little heavier front springs later on.

Old 01-23-2004, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah there is a reason it doesn't have a standard hitch. To save precious ounces of weight! Not anything to do with how well it can tow. But the others are better in pure work situations and that's about it they don't have nearly as much "fun factor" as the Rincon does.

Quick Reply: Rancher AT v. Rubicon v. Rincon - which one?