Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

My buddies 450r is in. How does it do against my yfz?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 07:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My buddies 450r is in. How does it do against my yfz?

Yeah, can't wait for video's.

Old 02-02-2004, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider

I can't wait for the videos either!!! hurry!

Old 02-04-2004, 01:51 AM
Trailblazer

I got my 450r friday.I went to pismo the next day.I raced both stock and modified raptors,yzf 450's. I beat the stock ones but the 450 with a pipe beat me by three quad lengths

Old 02-04-2004, 04:03 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: adunealine
I got my 450r friday.I went to pismo the next day.I raced both stock and modified raptors,yzf 450's. I beat the stock ones but the 450 with a pipe beat me by three quad lengths
Exactly the opposite for me, I beat the honda!! I guess its difference in riders!!! Dyno would be the only true way of knowing!!!

Old 02-04-2004, 04:27 AM
Pro Rider

wow...hmm, I guess we will all now when we buy the 2 quads. Because sounds like somone can tell us here. Yes, of corse, I agree that each of the's two quads have one at LEAST once, but I think they are about the same in comfort, power. The honda has more comfort, and the yfz450 MIGHT have about the same or a little more than the TRX450. The trx450 is a great wheelier, wile the yfz is better at jumping. But I need to buy both.

One thing that would REALLY help, is those dang vids.

Old 02-04-2004, 04:38 AM
Pro Rider

i will let you guys know right now that the honda is definately more comfortable. Well let me restate this. The honda seat is definately more comfortable. Even though the gas tank design is stupid and seems to feel unfinished or in the way for me. The power of the 2 quads will be left to be decided by our drag racing which will take place this weekend at winchester dunes. I think its going to be very close.

Old 02-05-2004, 02:13 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: stevendsm95gst
i will let you guys know right now that the honda is definately more comfortable. Well let me restate this. The honda seat is definately more comfortable. Even though the gas tank design is stupid and seems to feel unfinished or in the way for me. The power of the 2 quads will be left to be decided by our drag racing which will take place this weekend at winchester dunes. I think its going to be very close.
I think the rider does make a difference when drag racing.the honda 450 and the yama 450 seem to be very close in speed. dyno numbers are not as important as useable horsepower.for some reason people do not think honda's 450 unicam has enough power.kevin windam is the only 4 stroke to win a race in the past year and a half.no yama 4 strokes have one. tim farr won the baja 1000,he finished 3 and two first in quad cross racing. that's not to bad .

Old 02-05-2004, 02:19 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Dirtwheels dyno the yaaha and the honda. Yamaha has quite a bit more HP and the machines are almost identical weights. Equal riders and the yamaha will win every time. Modd them equal and the yamaha gains more hp than the honda. I do not see a honda 450 out running the raptor pipe. It may stock to stock but i have not lined up against one yet. I have a stock raptor in the garage. Look foreward to that day.

Old 02-05-2004, 02:26 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: 14mins
Dirtwheels dyno the yaaha and the honda. Yamaha has quite a bit more HP and the machines are almost identical weights. Equal riders and the yamaha will win every time. Modd them equal and the yamaha gains more hp than the honda. I do not see a honda 450 out running the raptor pipe. It may stock to stock but i have not lined up against one yet. I have a stock raptor in the garage. Look foreward to that day.
yea dirtweels did dyno/but did you notice there dyno started at 5000 rpms.from 5000 to 8000 the honda had more power.i bet you from idle to 8000 the honda has more power.the honda will pull the hole shot and pull away until the very top end by then the race is already over.

Old 02-05-2004, 02:32 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: 14mins
my honda 450 is stock. all i am saying is in my case i could out run stock or modified raptor . this actually did happen this past weekend at pismo beach ca.

Quick Reply: My buddies 450r is in. How does it do against my yfz?