Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

My buddies 450r is in. How does it do against my yfz?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 02:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My buddies 450r is in. How does it do against my yfz?

Dirtwheels dyno the yaaha and the honda. Yamaha has quite a bit more HP and the machines are almost identical weights. Equal riders and the yamaha will win every time. Modd them equal and the yamaha gains more hp than the honda. I do not see a honda 450 out running the raptor pipe. It may stock to stock but i have not lined up against one yet. I have a stock raptor in the garage. Look foreward to that day.
I definetly have to agree 14mins. The Raptors are tough to beat when they are piped with the pro design k&n filter system. I've been watchin for a R to cruise up or down the road, but have yet to see one.

Old 02-05-2004, 03:06 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: adunealine
Originally posted by: 14mins
Dirtwheels dyno the yaaha and the honda. Yamaha has quite a bit more HP and the machines are almost identical weights. Equal riders and the yamaha will win every time. Modd them equal and the yamaha gains more hp than the honda. I do not see a honda 450 out running the raptor pipe. It may stock to stock but i have not lined up against one yet. I have a stock raptor in the garage. Look foreward to that day.
yea dirtweels did dyno/but did you notice there dyno started at 5000 rpms.from 5000 to 8000 the honda had more power.i bet you from idle to 8000 the honda has more power.the honda will pull the hole shot and pull away until the very top end by then the race is already over.
If you stay in that low of RPM's then I am already PAST you!!!!

Old 02-05-2004, 03:25 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: TellicoGrizz660
Originally posted by: adunealine
Originally posted by: 14mins
yea dirtweels did dyno/but did you notice there dyno started at 5000 rpms.from 5000 to 8000 the honda had more power.i bet you from idle to 8000 the honda has more power.the honda will pull the hole shot and pull away until the very top end by then the race is already over.
If you stay in that low of RPM's then I am already PAST you!!!!
by the time you have a chance to catch me i have already won .

Old 02-05-2004, 11:21 AM
Trailblazer

Man!!! Only 7300?!! with the HRC kit!!! I think im getting ripped!! off! now! the dealer I'm, or maybe was going to is Hinshaws Honda in Renton and they want 7,650 with nothing!!! Thats a bunch of BS, what are they charging me for?? Well I'v only put $100 down, that holds one of the 4 they are recieving on feb 26. Well anyone know any other dealerships that arn't trying to gouge their customers?? I don't mind driving a few hundred miles? I just don't want to get ripped off!!!

Thanks! to all who respond

Old 02-05-2004, 12:55 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

Piped Rappys were no problem for me. Trust me, I have always eaten Rappy roost in the past, I went looking for some to race.
You should not have to pay more than MSRP $6500. The HRC kit is $300. People calaim to be getting deals, but I don't really expect them to discount something with such high demand. if I were selling them they would be sticker until I had a few stacking up.

Old 02-05-2004, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

I have a hard time as well believing that a stock trx450r would beat a piped rappy.
here is the rundown
raptor 400lbs 45 hp probably revs a little slower
trx450r 350 lbs 37 hp
raptor 8.88 pounds per horse
trx450r 9.45 pounds per horse

add a 12 tooth sprocket to lower the gearing to the gearing of an mx machine like the honda 450 and I think the raptor would pull a win in a 300ft drag.

Old 02-05-2004, 11:29 PM
Elite Pro Rider

adunealine- I have never seen many people race that leave the line idleing there motors. I am sure some honda 450 will out run the yamaha 450 and 660 but not because of HP. (tires/weight/rider fault)

We spend way to much time on the drag strip. If one raptor has 1 or 2 more hp it will win every time with equal riders.

Just a 1 or 2 hp difference between quads is huge on the drag strip.

I am not going to pick on the honda 450 tonight. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-05-2004, 11:39 PM
Trailblazer

one or two horsepower does make a difference.but so does weight of the bike and rider.a win is a win no matter what .the powerband of a bike does to.If you race 200 yards and your bike has more top end your probably going to lose to a bike with more low to mid range right.most people don't drag race farther than that.

Old 02-05-2004, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

A stock raptor weighs around 430 wet and puts out around 34-36hp...

Old 02-06-2004, 12:24 AM
Trailblazer

i found this in another forum says 450r made 58hp wit a few mods

whats up guys got my new 450r 2 days ago i already put the hrc upgrade kit pipes and modid it my self alittl this info might help u guys alittle ok the kit run the cam of course no need for the box hole plate or the spark resister fo the exhaust run the 185 jet included in the kit ok if u can buy the white brothers pipe very nice run that wide open with no baffle or shims take out the air box completely just buy a 42 mm k&n "actually dyno'ed it with it totally off but wont make take away that much power with it on" anyways can advance the timing alittle but i didnt but at idle it wants to die so i turned the idle up a little so it runs nice and smooth now on to the plug honda is the sh## comes with denso irdium plug its a beautiful plug i run them in my race car i took the gap down to 0.9 mm cause with that 185 jet thats alot of fuel anyways did all that put it on my dyno and we got 58hp to the wheels not to bad those simple mods and only 10.5 compression not like that piece of sh## yami 450 with its 11+ compression with ony 36hp lol anyways will post the dyno sheet and hopefully some pics. u guys this thing rips i mean rips im not a big guy but in like 3 punching it leaned foward pops up on me and i haft to let off to put it back down it doesnt wind out like a 2 stroke but dam i think with the rev limiter off it will go almost wind out as much. anyways u guys have fun did all this the first hour i got this bad boy then rode it around tuned it alittle then dyno'ed it the next dam the rings havent even sealed all the way yet so im gonna re dyno it in 2 weeks to see what shes got then c-ya

Quick Reply: My buddies 450r is in. How does it do against my yfz?