Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

OT: Dumb ebayers!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 04:53 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: Dumb ebayers!

I'm just doing my daily check on ebay. There are always the idiots on there selling stuff they really don't know anything about. What I really don't get is this statement. " This is in great shape. Just needs cleaning" Then the pics are always lousy. Why the heck don't people take 5 minutes to clean up whtever they are selling. I understand not spending money on something you are just going to sell. I just don't get not making whatever it is look as nice as possible. Anyway sorry for the ebay rant!

Old 02-03-2004, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: pizza914
" This is in great shape. Just needs cleaning" Then the pics are always lousy. Why the heck don't people take 5 minutes to clean up whtever they are selling. I understand not spending money on something you are just going to sell. I just don't get not making whatever it is look as nice as possible. Anyway sorry for the ebay rant!
i completly agree. for example when i was lookin at heel plates for my banshee, the ones i got were all dirty in the pic with rust. i bought it for really cheap and all i had to do sand them down and spray paint them. if the guy sellin them would have done that he could of sold it for twice as much.

Old 02-03-2004, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

What I love is the sellers listing items at or above what you could go to any online site and pay for it.

For example - a K&N air filter I can get at Rocky Mountain for $36 - I saw one today starting at $52!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Some of the opening prices are ridiculous and then even if they start them low, some idiot pays the retail price anyway in the end. If your gonna pay retail, why not go to a reputable site/store and just buy it outright so everyone else doesn't have to waste there time bidding against you.

Old 02-03-2004, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider

That's because people are pigs, and they don't even realize their stuff looks like crap. Go to any used car lot and look at what people do to a car interior in 2 or 3 years. I've looked at a lot of wheelers that guys said almost like new, low hours blah blah blah and the things looked like they came from a Mexican rental agency.

Old 02-03-2004, 08:28 PM
Trailblazer

Hey I even get that people are differant. So one what one guy says is almost new hardly used to him that may be. TO me that same thing is trashed & not worth half what he's asking. I'm not opposed to someone making a buck on ebay. IT's a heck of a lot smarter to sell stuff with a very critical eye. Make sure you list everything wrong with it. There are plenty of guys who do that when they list something. IT's just amazing from both sides how dumb people are.
I sold a set of Porsche phone dial wheels to a guy on ebay. He gets them & emails me saying he would like a refund. That I misrepresented my wheels. I reply & ask how I misrepresented my wheels? He replies the finish is faded & they need to be refinished. I email him the ebay add that specifically says" These are solid wheels with no pitting, The varnish & shine is gone though. I would suggest refinishing these wheels to make them 100%. I am selling these wheels as is & used. I repeat they need refinishing to be nice again". He emails me back very apologetic. He says he got them mixed up with another set he was bidding on. He apolologized & said he felt kinda foolish. I tell him I will be happy to refund his money as long as he pays to ship them back. He replies back again & says no need it was my mistake. Besides I just sold the wheels to my neighbor & made $50 bucks. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] So it all worked out but I've tried to be even more critical since in any description. I sold a tach for a Porsche with this description. "this tach has the needle broke, Not good for anything but parts. I repeat this tach is a piece of $hit. only bid if you want the face plate" Sold to a guy who was thrilled to get a lense with no scratches to replace his.