Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

!ALL OHIO ATVING RESIDENTS READ THIS!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2000, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today my friend and i were bored with my trails and decided we could ride to his house on the road because it was only a mile away. We were about to leave when we started to get second thoughts about riding on the road. (we had heard all kinds of scary stories about atv's getting impounded and such). But then we got an idea, that we could call our county (Tuscarawas, in ohio)commisioner, Steve Carlilse. We both knew him rather well because he had drivin our bus in elementary school (quite a carrer jump from bus driver to County Comissioner). We asked him if their was anyway that we could leagaly ride are ATV's on the roads. We were thrilled when he said that if we had an Ohio Off-road vehicle sticker, and a slow moving vehicle sign you can go anywhere a farm tractor can go (anywhere but limited access highways, and inside corporation limits).He also said that if we get in any trouble by any local cops that we should have them call him. So we put on our Orange and red triangles and rode to his trails. CAUTION:!THIS WAS ONLY IN OUR AREA, AND I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CALL YOUR LOCAL GOVERNMENT BEFORE EVEN THINKING OF GOING ON THE ROAD!

Old 07-02-2000, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds good to me, i should check in to that

I live in belmont county.

Old 07-02-2000, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

You know 250 rampage as I read your post I started think man this is an intelligent guy till I got down to the part where you refer to officers as pigs...as if you don't know officers enforce the laws not make them bet it would be a different story if someone was beating down your door with a shotgun...would you call the pigs then. Some people really need to grow up.

Old 07-02-2000, 10:31 PM
Range Rover

I was raised in a rural Californian agricultural area. I still go there frequently and the law will not bother most quads on the road because they are looked at as farm equipment.

You might see a tractor then after another three miles see a harvester both being transported down the road. I use the road to get to the field gates, but actually I would rather stay off the asphalt because of tire wear.

So I avoid it if possible.

Old 07-02-2000, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider
Old 07-03-2000, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Police responded slowly to a burglary-in-progress call, and "don't care about the citizens," so you may call them "pigs?"

Since you say "pig" is a common nickname, use it on the officer who stops you for a traffic citation. If "pig" IS a common nickname, as you say; the officer won't mind.

Also, when you ask for directions or information from an officer, say, "Hey, Pig!" The policeman will know immediately to whom you refer, since you used a common nickname; also, he won't mind.

You justified your use of "pigs" eloquently; I see no reason whatsoever anyone would take offense at your language choice. You bear absolutely no responsibility for offending any policemen; rather, shame on them for being so sensitive. Teach 'em a lesson. Next 911 call you make, commence with, "Hey, pigs!"

Tree Farmer

Old 07-06-2000, 02:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

I know that is the law in WYANDOT county.
The problem that you may want to keep in mind is that a lot of local autorities may not be aware or choose not to care about this law. They may find it easier to ticket you than to actually look up the new regs. Also, if one piece of documentation (you're supposed to have documentation on your person or your quad) is missing you may run into problems.
I believe that you are also supposed to have a "liscence" plate with a number on it that is issued by the DMV.

Old 07-11-2000, 02:32 AM
Pro Rider

I realize how "out dated" this is,but my parents raised me to respect not only people in authority, or leadership over me, but all people.

I have a real problem with those who would refer to a public servant, putting their life on the line on a daily basis, even in the smallest of towns villages or hamlets, "pig."

I have quite a few friends who are police or sheriffs deputies, and none of them have told me how enjoyable and acceptablw it is to be called pig. I also wonder what would happen to the same person who refers to them as such when they find themselves in a position where their assistance is really needed? How ackward that must be; kinda like when Archie Bunker had to have a blood transfusion and it came from a black gentleman.

But then again, a lack of respect defines our society perfectly. Just my $.03 worth (inflation and such, had to add another penny)