Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

1st truly comparable 450R vs YFZ dyno report

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st truly comparable 450R vs YFZ dyno report

learning2fly-Sorry wasnt aiming it at you. I was aiming it at all the poeple like 14mins. He keeps saying all this junk about honda and stuff. I didnt no there was another page and I read the long post by 14mins and posted.

Old 02-08-2004, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider

1986atc250r- Regarding the double spark- so from your point of view it sounds like honda did it intentionally? Also, it sounds like the sparks are just a nanosecond apart where there was just one the cycle before- now there were two in the same timeframe? , which gives the dyno the impression of double the RPMs. I did some looking on the web briefly and didn't see much info other than they are sometimes used in electric ignitions for cold starts- not sure how that applies here ?????????

z250freak- I kinda figured it was aimed at someone else- no prob- I just didn't want to come off like a smart@ss. My450R will be here in a few days and I trying to get all the info I can. With what I have read so far, I am going to make sure the dealer installs the right needle with the HRC kit and that the throttle is adjusted correctly.

Later--[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-08-2004, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider

All i know is, its a pain the rear trying to figure out what one i want to get. Calling the dealers tomorrow!

Old 02-08-2004, 10:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

if u want torque ride a yfz the yfz has more torque but the honda and yfz a even just like dirt wheels but i have a yfz and my best friend has a trx 450 and the yfz just pulls so much harder but the trx does come back in top end. the honda has good brakes and at high speed its more controlable than the yfz but the yfz has more usable power all around. but i still did like the honda it just needs to be uncorked and i think it will be bad and be right up there with the yfz

Old 02-08-2004, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: flattracknyfz
if u want torque ride a yfz the yfz has more torque but the honda and yfz a even just like dirt wheels but i have a yfz and my best friend has a trx 450 and the yfz just pulls so much harder but the trx does come back in top end. the honda has good brakes and at high speed its more controlable than the yfz but the yfz has more usable power all around. but i still did like the honda it just needs to be uncorked and i think it will be bad and be right up there with the yfz
Is your buddies 450r stock? In stock form, the 450r is supposed to have more torque, but I see you have the GYTR system which would give you the added low end grunt and higher HP. Just curious- Appreciate the info.

Old 02-09-2004, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

THATS BS ~ there is no possible way in hell that any honda could ever compare to the millions of ponies that the yfz has !!!! oh yeah that gap is not even close NOPE , No Way , Not possible - Sound like anyone you know ?

Any more it seems like the yfz and trx were only made for one reason and one reason only ~ to be argued over

Truth is I own a yfz450 and one of my best friends has a trx450r and we stay neck and neck in a 200-250ft drag ( not certain how long to be exact ) anything longer and he pulls ahead slowly / STOCK-VS-STOCK i previously had problems with my engine on my yfz and had it sent in and replaced and have not yet put the aftermarket pipe or anything back in it seems that i take him a little bit off the start but about 1/2-3/4 of the way through he catches up and even sometimes pulls ahead i weigh about 20-25 lbs more than him. we have even switched quads and its still pretty close exept i have not yet been able to get ahead of him but i can get pretty much right beside him. The trx seems way lighter than the yfz and less effort to ride ( exept to take off ) so i'm sure they are very equal personally i prefer the electric start because i have a hard time kicking that forward thing ( it feels so akward ) Any ways i'm not a honda fan at all but i am pretty impressed with the 450R overall.

Old 02-09-2004, 11:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have a pipe and filter on mine and with that i pull away from the trx. but another one of my friends has a bone stock yfz cored andair box lid is still on and its still like the yfz has more torque and a hard pull. and revs up harder the trx. its just like everyone said that first gear is way to tall and it just takes longer to get a good hard pull off the line.will see how it does with heavy mods done

Old 02-10-2004, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: flattracknyfz
i have a pipe and filter on mine and with that i pull away from the trx. but another one of my friends has a bone stock yfz cored andair box lid is still on and its still like the yfz has more torque and a hard pull. and revs up harder the trx. its just like everyone said that first gear is way to tall and it just takes longer to get a good hard pull off the line.will see how it does with heavy mods done
Well maybe i'm just to FAT then becuase my YFZ doesn't seem all that much faster

Old 02-10-2004, 12:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

man i weight 250 and it feels like a rockit to me when i first got mine i all most flip it over on me