Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

ouch!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2000, 11:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had just got my warrior. I friend has a track he made in a field behind his house. I came off the table top into a swooping left turn that banks to the outside. I had it all sideways gettin' on it with stock tires. The tires grabbed some earth and the quad bucked me straight up in the air. I hit the ground doing about 30mph in a running position. Did you know you can't run that fast? Out goes the left knee and it still hurts. Next weekend my friend flipped/rolled his warrior on the same turn. Most scarry wipe out i've ever seen. So there I am in a knee brace up to my butt taking Greg who's all banged up to the EMR. Damn! that sux'd.

Old 07-14-2000, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider

94DGblaster
did u make turtle soup that night?

Old 07-14-2000, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider

My buddy and I were riding quads and I sat on the corner to wait for him because he has a slower quad than I do...anyways he comes over the hill and about to turn the corner and he doesn't have brakes, he nicks the back rack and WHAM!!!(he tried to go around me but he was going too fast) he hit's me in 5th gear, goes flipping upsidedown about 3 times and the quad finally stopps rolling.
My quad didn't have a dent on it...well maybe a little scratch on the back racks. His handlebars were bent, 1 tire came off the rim and he cracked his fenders.
This was while I was sitting on my quad...good thing I wasnt hit head on or it would have hurt!!
He was bruised up a little.

The next time we rode together I made sure I was never in his path.

Old 07-14-2000, 01:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

If you want to know what a painful experience is, let me tell mine.

I bought my new rancher on a Friday, after one week and 50 Km I almost destroyed it completely when I rolled over trying to climb a serious hill. I fell over the side and saw my bike tumbling down the hill. I was OK but I felt very bad about my bike.

Tocapacetes - Rancher 350 ES

Old 07-14-2000, 01:53 PM
Pro Rider

lol, no i didn't make turtle soup but after i got up i kicked that turtles ***!

Old 07-17-2000, 12:20 PM
Range Rover

Saturday I took my two daughters along with my sister-in-law and her husband to some local trails. I was in the lead on the trail and my 9 year old daughter on her Suzuki 160 was just behind me. I came to a 3 foot high off camber ledge that was steep, (60-70 deg. incline) and when I went up it a root pushed me into a small tree but my front tire bumbed off of it and I continued up the small ledge. My daughter was not so lucky, she hit the root and went right up the small tree and made the mistake of nailing the gas as it went up the tree. The quad rolled back on her and fell right on her chest. Yes, it was off to the emergency room for X-rays but thank goodness she didn't break any thing, it just scared the hell out of me.

Old 07-17-2000, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider

I landed a jump, and didnt really use my legs to absorb the shock. I kinda rolled off in pain. I tihnk my vioce was a little higher too. That did hurt, but breaking my arm when I nosedived off a dropoff was pretty bad.

Old 07-17-2000, 03:50 PM
Pro Rider

Check this out.I was on a black huffy bike(anyone remember those?)about 15 years ago.My friend asked me to come over his house to play wiffle ball.Well while flying down this big hill with wiffle ball bat between the handle bars it sliped down and got caught between the spokes of the front tire,needless to say i must of flew about 50 feet in air before sliding about 20 feet on payvment.Oh the road rash that I had was unbeleivable.

Old 07-18-2000, 09:17 AM
Pro Rider

well my crash wasnt as exciting as some of those guys but here it goes. I hit a jump on my 350x, not even goin that fast. the jump was kind of off camber and the atc did a freak end over end deal. thru me off, the bike came down and crushed me, then rolled off unscathed. I was not so lucky. broke 2 bones in my foot with axo boots on, and broke my funny bone in half. it took 5 months for the funny bone to heal properly. could have been sooner, but I opted to not under go surgery. now I got a lumpy crooked arm from where my bone healed. o well.