Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

ouch!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2000, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering what was the most painful experince U guys have ever had on your qaud/dirtbike?

Mine is I had a 89 YZ80 I was going down my road in the snow about 45 mph laid it over and slid into my neighbors mail box.I still have a big burn mark on my leg from the pipe,and a big scare on my elbow form the mailbox.I had sweat pants on and the pipe burned through the sweat pants.

My atv one is.I was messing around one day.(as usaul)on my old yfm225 and I jumped a smal jump and the qaud got pointed right towards a tree.I hit the tree in mid air and bent the frame pretty badly.I got thrown off thew qaud as soon as it hit the tree and I laned in a sticker bush ouch!I gave the old yfm to my uncle he straightened the frame and never did anything with it after that never even rode it.He gave it back.My freind and I swtiched back and forth one weekend between the 300ex.It ran awesome and had a wiseco piston and full cobra exhaust and 20/12/8 black waters on the back.I really liked that thing but it was its time.It had no front fenders,no brakes,needed a new electric starter,A new recoil starter.The thing was wirth more than 200 bucks but we sold it my dads freind who still rides it.

Old 07-09-2000, 01:52 AM
Trailblazer

OUCH; well I spirl rolled my 400ex doing about 50-55 on a ol' road in the mountains an caught a rut wan't pertty broke my clavical worst thing was that I couldn't ride for 4 weeks// off work too,luckyly wheeler wasn't hurt at all,but sure hurt my prideglad I had my gear on "helmet;boots;pants an jersey,every one used to laugh at my out fit till they saw the crash then the all got gear.Might look funny riding with it, but it does save your butt
A few years ago,Broke a toe on my ol' wheeler because I had hikeing shoes on an not my boots/caught a rock when shifting/// that don't happen any more either I never ride with out them boots now

Old 07-09-2000, 02:34 AM
Pro Rider

I flipped my quad in some soft sand when the front tire blew out about 12 weeks ago. I tore my MCL in my knee. It really sux. I can still fell the pain every morning...

Old 07-09-2000, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider

let's see on my dirt bike was on my cr80 I was riding around this track and this jump that used to be a table top turned out to be a super huge double. so I was just coming up it and let off the gas just gonna kinda hop on top of it. well when I took off I saw it wasn't a table top and I nose dove straight into the face of the landing. it threw me over the bars....no broken bones

on a quad it would be when I was on our trailbazer and doing some jumps and when I landed off a jump my foot came off and went under the back tired..pulled me off......cracked my leg.....3 months later I'm back riding again........later

Old 07-09-2000, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider

our cousin broke both bones in his leg on a litte 80 quad he got his foot stusk under the tire and the leg went SNAP,,,CRACKLE,,,POP. i have a small scare on my belly from trying to ride on one wheel and my foot slipped i went under the tire i held on the bars so i would not get my face stuck on the peg the bike was screaming (damn twist throdle) it tore the shirt off me and the pants were shreeded from the tire spinning on me and i thougt i was going to pass out from the burning pain.

Old 07-09-2000, 11:36 AM
Pro Rider

Well, I have 3. One on my Quad, one on my Dirtbike, and one on someone elses quad. In all of these I was wearing a helmet (as always), and MX gloves.

My Quad.
I was riding my 300ex through some trails i have, and saw an opening that I could just fit through. (Well, I was going full throttle in 4th gear, so it was going fairly fast.) I was just about to it when I hit a patch of mud covered with leaves and the front end washed sideways a little. It was too late to stop and my left front tire caught on one of the trees. The Quad went sideways, and I started flying. But w8, I suddenly stoped. Oh, yea, my foot caugt in my renthal handlebars and stopped me from flying head first into a tree. Only problem was I had two destroyed A-Arms, a bent tie-rod, and a foot with two hairline fractures.

My dirtbike
I was riding down a dirt road I had with 2 friends I ride with frequently, and the front tire on my XR200 blew out on a broken glass beer bottle. Well, long story short, I fell down (going about 40), cut up my arm, completely ruined my brand new helmet (better it than my head), and got run over by a retarded friend on a 86 TRX125. Nice. especially when they are going full throttle and have no suspension. Got a broken rib from that one. Too bad ribs never heal fully.

Someone elses quad
I was at a friends house when i was seven, and we decided to go get my go-carts out of my garage. he decided to just ride double on his TRX70 about 1/8 mile to whenre the go carts were. BIG MISTEAK. of course he had to go as fast as the the 70 would go. and with no suspension, you could feel every bump. We were just about there when we hit a BMX jump that his brother had just built and went airborn. When we landed, i was off the quad, it was on top of me, with the exhaust pipe directly on my leg. I still have a few scars from that one. No injury other than a burned leg, but I gained the common sense not to ride double the hard way.

Old 07-09-2000, 01:15 PM
Pro Rider

I have never wrecked bad enough to break anything.

on my blaster i was doing a wheelie, in 2nd going about 15, went over too far. Flipped it over and landed on the left side of my head with no helment on.

Dirt bike, i had an old 72(i think) Honda Trail 70. I was going about 40(this little thing would do about 55 incase you are wonder) well, i hit a turtle, Flew over the handle bars, landed on my left side and hurt my ribs(I might of split it or something, never went to the doctor, never told my parents either) To this day when i lay on my back my left side, the last rib hurts.

Oh the joys of riding

Old 07-09-2000, 01:44 PM
Trailblazer

Dirtbike: I was on my friend's kx 80 goin as fast as i could. It was one of my first time's ridin it and i was use to a 4 stroke. So i hit a little jump and fell back and gave it full throttle on mistake. I ended up with my bone out of my leg.

Atv: I was on my 300ex jumpin at my race track in my back yard. I was showing off for some people doin no footed can cans. I then tried and no foot can can with a point and went sideways in the air. I landed and snapped my ankle. Same one as on the dirtbike. I never did fall off though. BUt now my ankle is good as new!

Old 07-14-2000, 03:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

its kinda funny!! my dad doesnt even have to be on the 4-wheeler to hurt himself! he does it loading them. he tried loading it by himself and rupsherd 2 disks in his back and picch a nerve to his leg. so hasnet ridden in 5 mounths and he finally got surgerry and is better now!!

Old 07-14-2000, 11:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well i have never broke a bone but i still have you all beat! I have had the absolute dumist and coolest crashes on my 3004x4!

THE POND:
I was goofing around and then realized that the pond in my back yard had a long shallow spot in it, but to clear that i had to first plane over about a 10 ft. long spot that was about 5 ft. deep. Well i have cleared 10ft. in water befor so i hit the pond at about 4th gear pin. I made it past the deep end but i hit a rubber tire about 2 inches under the water with my left front and i got threw from the qwad about 10 ft., scooping about 3lbs. of mud into the face gaurd of my helmet. the qwad did a 360 barrel roll and stopped on its side.

THE FENCE:
Well basicaly i took a gravel turn too fast(WAY TOO FAST) and end up side swiping a fence and a cut down old tree. When i stood up i was 5ft. from the qwad with a scrape down my chest from the metal fence post.

OUCH:
The coolest looking crash was on a oval track in my front yard. I took the turn at about 20mph and hit a rut that threw me off the qwad into a interesting line of log rolls and cartwheels right into a big role of hard rubber convayer belts the qwad got about 4ft of air after mowing over a fence post!

well that my story and im sticking to it.

PS: ALWAYS RIDE WITH A HELMET

Quick Reply: ouch!!!