Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

OK! No one wants any of the SP500. How about I run stock against any modified HONDA in the Mud.

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2000, 06:14 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greg,

I think the suggestion to post your challange (sp?) on the highlifter forums was more so you could find local people, and not so much to challange the actual HL folks.

Old 07-11-2000, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

Texaswarrior,
You took the time to post my response to an individual that was bashing Polaris in general. I assume his bashing was meant to stir the Polaris people up, and I assume it was meant to be humorous. I replied to him in the same way with the intention of being humorous.

Not Funny? Sorry.

GREG

Old 07-11-2000, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

Rubione,
What exactly have I said or done that was disrespectful. I would like to get a group of every type of big bore ATV and have a competition. If the SP500 lost in every category, it would still be fun. Why so defensive? Can't take a little ribbing? Do the Cowboys not talk a little trash before a game with the 49ers? It is just in fun. Why does everyone get so bent out of shape.

You might find this funny but a group of us race through a big hole on the back trail at FNP and timed each bike seperately and Sumthin4nuthin beat me by about 20 seconds on a WOLVERINE. Of course it is a bad a$$ Wolverine but it still happened. Everyone that competed had fun. It gets your adrenaline pumping knowing you are being timed against other people.

Anyway, didn't mean to offend all you sensitive guys. Some people did reply to the origional thread wanting to hear results or go and watch. You can't make everyone happy, I guess.

For the couple of guys that thing I have been rude and disrespectful. Please point out where, but before you do take the time to read what I was responding to. You almost have to defend yourself in these forums. Also remember sometimes people joke around.
Greg

Old 07-11-2000, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

Where you live, a locked front end may be the only advantage, but in East Texas mud the problem is high centering. The IRS on the SP500 makes a big difference here. The Rubi might beat me on the Drag race and Barrels and dirt track. I don't know but would like to see. The reason why I said I would run the Mud race stock is the ground clearance is the inportant factor here. Even a Rubi with 28 inch tires will onle have 9 inches of ground clearance at the rear axel.

Everything is a give and take. Buy a Honda and give up ground clearance for reliability. By a Polaris and give up reliability for ground clearance. Both have their advantages. It just depends on what you want out of your bike.

I wish they would break the forums into regions also. Then you could focus more on topics for your area and people you can actually ride with.

I don't know if I would ride with many of the guys in this particular thread. They might take all my beer and leave me for dead.

Greg

Old 07-11-2000, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

Same from me too...
Question for you extreme mudders...what tire pressure do you run??
Greg .. I do value your imput...You obviously mud more than I do...and I have to run against a bunch of Polaris's this weekend at Minong Days mud drags....note: I thought of putting cotton in their plug wires so they wouldn't start..but there are too many Polaris's and not enough cotton!!
Yellow Honda...Brave ?? (stupid?) Rider !!

Old 07-11-2000, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider

well like I said "this may seems silly". Ah screw it, if you having fun then whats the harm. I've ridden an SP500. I went through some Sh@# on it that was incredible but then I went up a cliff on my Recon where the SP500 couldn't hang. Guess it all comes out in the wash doesn't it. Anyway I still think it's funny you hang out in the Honda camp. Here is what I think...You where forced to ride polaris as a teen. All your friends had the Hondas and the girls...LOL now that's funny!
"Piece Man" and stay out trouble.

Old 07-11-2000, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider

Correct,The Highlifter Head-quarters is less than 105 miles from Lindale TX. Greg, Why aren't you calling out the local ATVers? You are wanting locals to respond, but you're not posting your challenge in the "local area". You've went out of your way to call out mostly Northern riders(no offense) but won't post the same challenge in Highlifter? Most hate me here,(I don't care,not even a little bit) and they hate me there too,(Source,Highlifter)[man can I kill a thread or what?] but if you don't carry out your challenge; Your challenge will always be "A target for laughter" for someone else's come-back. I've opened my mouth, thinking you were for real about this racing challenge, but now Who really knows?
I tried to e-mail this personally but your address was invalid.
Good Luck Polcat

Old 07-11-2000, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider

I guess I didn't realize that most of the people in this forum are from the north. I will post a challenge on Highlifter. I am sure I will be ridiculed for my arrogance.

Is there anyone else out there that would like to see a comprehensive competition between the big bikes. Not just mud but several events?

Greg

Old 07-11-2000, 10:47 PM
TG1
Pro Rider

There’s nothing wrong with a person bragging their quad up, nor is their anything wrong with having your own opinions. But what is the point of causing trouble on the forums by claiming one quad is far superior to another? I don’t think there are any truly terrible quads, just some have better points than others do. Yes I do like the 500SP but I also think there are other quads that are just as good. This sport is meant to be fun, yet you have people on every forum that like to stir the pot. People should be less concern with who’s the very best and focus on the fun aspect.

Old 07-12-2000, 01:54 AM
Trailblazer

i know that the sp5oo is a bad bike in the mud i have ridden with them before and they are tough.and it is good for a man to have pride in what he rides. i ride a honda 350 rancher with a few mods.done to it. i am not saying i can do better in the mud than u can i am saying it would be a blast trying. it's not who wins it is the fun of the compition. we build these things to have fun on and half the fun is ribbing each other about what they ride as long as it is done in fun. like i say i ride a little rancher with a few mods done to it but it is not one of those little bike that sits on the side and watches the big boys it will get right in there with them. i live in the longview,tx. area maybe we can ride together some time do u know where fun park is in longview? like they say if u ain't playing with the big boys u ain't having fun.

Quick Reply: OK! No one wants any of the SP500. How about I run stock against any modified HONDA in the Mud.