Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

400ex or Predator?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 400ex or Predator?

there both great quads but if u want speed and a back ack go with the pred, if u want good handleing and reliability get the honda

Old 05-12-2004, 10:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

o i have a pred and ex. my ex will out run it

Old 05-12-2004, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

iv tryed out a lot of sport quads and so far i realy only like the pred.....just my 2 cents.

Old 05-12-2004, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

i guess im ignorant and closed mind cuz i cant see a comparison! at all! i still think his "point" isnt dull and has valid thoughts. if you want a superior quad in unreliablity get the predator, and while your at wasting money get the LE 1. im biased too cuz all i ride is red. O yea and Heapster people like you ruin our sport! wear a helmet when riding, even though you dont set a good example on what quad is good set a good example by wearing a helmet

i think wheelinforlife has a nice rice burner. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-12-2004, 11:08 PM
Range Rover

Alright two contributions in one thread! Pinned, I will give you that Polaris has had there Yugo's of atvs but the Predator isn't one of them. They had some first year problems, but there are alot of manufacturers that have first year bugs to work out of product. Pinned, I will also agree that Honda is the King of Reliability!

Old 05-12-2004, 11:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The pred is better in every way, Not bashing on the EX my buddy (420ex) has a nice 440 and its pretty fast...

If i were buying a new quad it would be the predator hands down(and i did), its not like the other belt drive polaris quads you may be thinking about this thing was made with SPORT riding in mind...

Mods are coming out every month, lots of cool stuff like 600cc big bores etc....

Also the pred comes with STOCK:

Douglas Rims,Razr Tires,Strong Chrome Rear Axle,Braided Steel Brake Lines,Fox Shocks,PRO Steering...

The 400ex does wheelie better then the pred....

You pick the one that best fits your price range and needs...

TrailRider

Old 05-13-2004, 12:04 AM
Elite Pro Rider

if you plan to ride a lot go with the predator

Old 05-13-2004, 03:12 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Pinned, Both of your "contributions" to this thread have really opened you up and shown your:

A.) Lack of respect for fellow riders/contributors.

B.) Closed mindedness, and blind brand allegiance. (they're all good, just pick your fave)

C.) And yes, to be direct, ignorance.

As has been stated, these are two great quads to choose between. The EX can be considered the "re-birth" of the sport-quads. Great machine, an tons of quality aftermarket mods are available for it. When people consider what the general public subjects ATV's to, it's no longer a matter of "if" there will be first year burps, but "how" the manufacturer handles them. Honda has been pretty good at taking care of it's loyals, this is commendable. Now with the 450R, they're seeing some first run issues, but again, they seem to be standing behind their designs.....that wins customer loyalty.

For it's first year "true sport" quad, Polaris should be commended for sticking behind the Predator, and truly taking care of people. There have been quite a few "good faith" out of warranty claims which have been handled, and at no cost to the consumer. Stock item offerings like a chromoly axle, stainless steel brakelines, zero bumpsteer, and a bullet-proof composite swingarm skid, make for a lot of bang for the buck.

Treat others opinions with respect, and you'll find you get that respect back. Act like a 6th grader, and odds are, people will treat you like one. Lot's of great choices out there, and the market is changing quickly almost every 6 months. Cool time to ride. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-13-2004, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider

modquad you got it all wrong. first, Heapster was the first to get ignorant making fun of someones car. that aint cool. Its ok to have ur opinion, but keep it too urself if it aint nice. thats why i got ignorant back. i admit that i love honda and probably wont buy another brand. your right about one thing tho. i didnt give Heapster any respect. the reason why is that people like him ruin our sport. take a look at his profile. no helment.

Old 05-13-2004, 06:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Sorry Pinned, guess I skimmed over that part. Point taken. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I'll personally still say to give the various brands a chance. With the advancements in technology, products have been stepped up in recent years.

Quick Reply: 400ex or Predator?