Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

400ex or Predator?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 400ex or Predator?

Cough Cough, "ruin our sport?

Son, that picture was taken on my 5 acres, my backyard track, at my risk, and you weren't there to see I was doing all of 3-5 mph going round and round doing donuts in the snow. Excessive Noise is what is ruining our sport, so go pick on somebody posting and asking "what is the loudest pipe out there"..........sigh, more ignorance that truly does shut down riding areas.

All my quads have had nice and quiet silencers so I don't bug my neighbors with a loud fart can type muffler that I love to giggle at while pointing at the high school punk that put them on a stock Yawnda Civic to "sound" fast.

My lug nuts need more torque than your rice car makes.

Thats not an opinion, thats a fact. <grins>

Old 05-13-2004, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

it really doesnt matter how fast ur going you still could of got hurt. people still see the picture of you without a helmet. do you read dirtwheels mag? well they dont post pics of people without helmets for the reason that it gives people especially kids a bad idea. and i guess u as an adult have to make fun of people still, young people at that. also you might want to see a doctor about ur cough. sounds bad!

Thats not an opinion, thats a fact. <grins>

Old 05-13-2004, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

as arnold says in kindergarten cop, "STOP WHINING!" I think heapster is a bit more squared away than you, and he knows when to wear a helmet. so just quit ragging on him.

p.s., he is right about the whole lug nuts taking more torque than your car can produce. It is a fact.

Old 05-14-2004, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider

You're right..........you should really never ride without a helmet..........and I admit when I am wrong and especially when I post a photo of me riding helmetless..........even while slow in my own back yard.

Trust me, I've been bit bad that way on my old 400cc stroker Warrior.

"just going for a quick rip on my backyard track" I said........

"been on it 1000's of laps". just a couple blasts off the jumps.......

Well I came around a bit fast, fishtailed a bit too far, came onto a 3-4' popper jump a bit wide.......

And promptly caught a 10" diameter stump root and 1/2 rolled my quad with it landing on top of me.

Road rash dirt scrape on one side of my face the size of a small banana.

Yes it hurt.

Do we all do things dumb sometimes........yeah.........guess thats why us "been there done that" need to lead by example.

I'm taking down my helmetless photo.........and I do recommend you always wear full riding boots and a helmet.

Anyone want to hear about how I took my right knee out sideways 45 degree blowing my inner MCL ligament rolling my 404cc banshee down a big steep dune face riding it out a couple barrel rolls?..........sometimes I wonder if knee braces might also be a smart idea for those of us who ride hard..........nah, looking at my photos in my gallery, I'm just a putt putt trail kind of guy......

Enough rambling.

400ex or a predator?

Anything to ride is better than nothing at all.

Life is short. Play hard, but safe.

Old 05-14-2004, 10:14 AM
Range Rover

I am not sure how much the new Predators are going for, but aren't they closer in price to the TRX450R?

I would probably take the Pred over the EX. I don't think they belong in the same category. One is more of a sport, while the other is more race-inspired.

It would probably depend on how much you have to spend. Both seem to be good quads.

Another option if you are looking at Preds and EXs would be the TRX. It's like a combo of both...a Honda with the speed and power of a Predator!
I really enjoy mine and the lack of electric start is not even an issue like some complain about. I love mine and am really glad that I chose it. That is just another option to think of.

The KFX/Z/DV400 would be another great choice if you are looking more in the price range of the 400EXs.