Rancher AT Mods

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 10:38 AM
mbp
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancher AT Mods

JokerGuy,

Thanks for the info. I checked HMF and your right no info on jetting. you would think they would have jetted when the did a dyno test to check max performance. Do you find the pipe to be really loud. reason I ask I do alot of riding at night and coming back into a area with house's a 3 a.m with a really loud pipe would not be a good idea for me.

Old 07-25-2004, 03:32 PM
Trailblazer
Default Rancher AT Mods

It is somewhat loud when under harder power like when accelerating fast or climbing aa steep hill - cruising and just maintaining a speed it is not loud at all.

Old 07-26-2004, 05:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rancher AT Mods

If you decide to get an HMF pipe, get the Eco Series. It's similar to the Utility Series but it has a quiet core. It does not deliver the same horsepower but it will help you spin the big tires in the mud. If you get the pipe, you have to get the high flow air filter to help you engine breathe and if you get the air filter, you might as well get the jet kit so that when your engine has more air to breathe, it has the fuel to burn! (You can do it all yourself if your mechanically inclined.)
I had the same problem w/ the 26's. I'd get stuck in mud, come to a stop and then go to give more gas and the tires wouldn't even turn! I got pissed, so I went out and spent a bunch more money! Pipe.......Jet Kit......K & N Filter........Outerwear.........Winch..........Ski d Plate..........
It's much better now.

Old 07-26-2004, 09:02 PM
mbp
Weekend Warrior
Default Rancher AT Mods

JokerGuy -thanks for the info.

ncdncd,

I was not sure,trading in the rancher and losing lots of money or spend lots of money and try and get this bike to spin these tires and not bog down in every mud hole I hit. I really would like to keep this bike it looks like you got the right set up. Im just not sure on the HMF slip-on or the ecosystem pipe. thanks for the help.

Old 07-27-2004, 08:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rancher AT Mods

if you trade up to a bigger bike, it's gonna cost alot more than $380! (pipe - $270 + jetkit - $60 + Air Filter - $50). I thought the same thing.......until I rode with some friends that have the big bore honda's. One guy has a rubicon and it does have a lot of power, but handles like a shopping cart. It's full time 4 x 4 so he can't fish tail. Another buddy of mine has an 05' Rincon and I can go anywhere he can but I can't ride wheelies [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] He does have a lot more power and speed and Ind. rear suspension but he paid almost $2000 more for it. Not to mention, he spent a bunch of money on the accessories that you already have like the rims, tires, etc.....
Obviously it's your call but I will say this; I love my rancher now that I have made the upgrades. I also get a lot of compliments on it.

Old 07-27-2004, 09:02 PM
Trailblazer
Default Rancher AT Mods

Just finished putting an HMF on my wife's bike - never seen a woman so excited over an exhaust pipe. She had said she wanted to take the weekend off riding this weekend - after 95 miles on Hatfield McCoy last weekend - but since she got her pipe she wants to go.

Fun having a live in riding buddy!

Old 07-28-2004, 04:35 PM
Range Rover
Default Rancher AT Mods

Jokerguy,

The exhaust makes that big of a difference? I want a new set of rims and tires, but if the exhaust is that big of an improvement, I may have to change my mind.

Old 07-28-2004, 05:01 PM
Trailblazer
Default Rancher AT Mods

If I had a 3rd bike I'd get one for it too. I'm that sold on the HMF and the difference it makes. To me it was like a different bike after adding the exhaust.

Old 07-28-2004, 05:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rancher AT Mods

yoda, just work harder so you can buy the rims, tires and the exhaust!

Old 07-28-2004, 06:39 PM
mbp
Weekend Warrior
Default Rancher AT Mods

ncdncd,

What your saying definitely makes sense about getting a bigger bike, I think Im going with the mods. Now all I need to do is decide between HMF slip-on or Ecosytem. Thanks for the advice.

Quick Reply: Rancher AT Mods