Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

honda sucks!!! yamaha rules!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 08:44 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default honda sucks!!! yamaha rules!!!

ok, actually this thread has nothing to do with honda sucking or yamaha being better, lol. i just put that as the title so i would have a lot of people looking at this thread. now for my question....
Where is the timing chain located on the 300EX and how hard is it to take one out and put another one in? is it a really difficult job or what? and how about adjusting it after i get the new one put in? also, my timing chain came off, how much damage am i too expect because of this? any input would be awesome. thanks guys! PEACE! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-14-2004, 09:01 PM
Trailblazer

get a life

Old 06-14-2004, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

spade, that was uncalled for

hondaboy... if you want to change your timing chain, your going to have a few hours work ahead of you. Take my advice and get yoursefl a shop manual.. $35 at the most. You will have to take you valve cover off, gunna have to pull the clutch cover off, and your going to have remove the cam chain tensioner. I cant give you exact info here, because i dont have a 300ex. As far as damage goes, you could have a lot, you could have a little... it depends on what you did when the chain came off. Chances are, it was stretched and cam off, just like the drive chain. You could also have broken teeth on either the upper or lower cam sprockets. either way, you probably have metal fragments in your oil. Good luck.

Old 06-14-2004, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

hey listen up spade, mabey this isnt the place for you, so mabey you should get the heck out, theres no need at all for a responce like that, for someone asking a ligit question, so think before you start moving the fingers next time ok.

now to the 300ex timing chain-

what you will need to do is start by removing the head, then cam. make sure that the cam gear and bearings are ok, and make sure the chain tensioner is ok, and not popped out, or broken, then try to get the chain back on the cam, and on the flywheel, in the bottom part of the engine. hopefully you didnt smack it around against the crank, or anything like that. i would try to put a new chain in, they usually have a master link i would assume, and then reassemble it, and hope for the best, if it doesnt run properly, you will need to go into the bottom, and split the cases, just make sure you know absolutly what you are doing, because you dont want to mess up the gear box down there.

v581

Old 06-14-2004, 09:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider

get a manual it will save you a lot of work and head ache

Old 06-14-2004, 10:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

u just wasted 10 minutes of my life...i want it back...lol jk

Old 06-14-2004, 11:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

ok...i gotta 200ES trike myself...and ive dropped a nice Weisco high comp piston and rings in ther...and some other goodies...now how do i break it in nicely?

Old 06-14-2004, 11:09 PM
Range Rover

accually every type of manufacturer rules i typed somethin bad sticking up for spade and figured id beter earse it before one you get me i trouble hahahaha

Old 06-14-2004, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

I am more of a polaris guy myself.

Old 06-15-2004, 08:39 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Vinson581
hey listen up spade, mabey this isnt the place for you, so mabey you should get the heck out, theres no need at all for a responce like that, for someone asking a ligit question, so think before you start moving the fingers next time ok.

now to the 300ex timing chain-

what you will need to do is start by removing the head, then cam. make sure that the cam gear and bearings are ok, and make sure the chain tensioner is ok, and not popped out, or broken, then try to get the chain back on the cam, and on the flywheel, in the bottom part of the engine. hopefully you didnt smack it around against the crank, or anything like that. i would try to put a new chain in, they usually have a master link i would assume, and then reassemble it, and hope for the best, if it doesnt run properly, you will need to go into the bottom, and split the cases, just make sure you know absolutly what you are doing, because you dont want to mess up the gear box down there.

v581
get a life

Quick Reply: honda sucks!!! yamaha rules!!!