Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

AC 300 - a better hillcliimber??

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 02:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC 300 - a better hillcliimber??

Mulling this one over in the AC forum. Engine in the rear seems like its going to make the front end light. Thats my opinion, though maybe I'm wrong and everyone else is right. Anyone see this as a better hillclimbing quad than other designs? Seems like with all the weight in the rear it would make the front end light and make it more prone to flipping over backwards.

Also, anyone agree that a 300AC will outpull any other quad tail to tail? I don't.

Just looking for nonbiased opinions to see if I'm stupid or not, because I'm being told that the 250 and 300 AC quads are unbelievable hillclimbers. Better than their ACT 500's and stuff. (the ones that have all the weight up front)

Old 06-27-2004, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC 300 - a better hillcliimber??

No the front end is realy not all that light, my brother has a 250AC and when it is running right and not boging down it does alright, but a 300 would have more power. I can even get my bros 250 on flat hills and do a decent wheelie on it cause it has a good balance point, I just would hate to flip one over cause they almost weigh as much as a Prairie 650.