Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Dirt Wheels Crowns New King of The 4X4's

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2000, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know, I hate to hear about the Rubys early problems, I agree ith other people here, if the tranny design works it will make all the other mfgrs look for better more innovative designs. I was thinking a few years down the road I may want a Ruby myself, only time will tell.

Oh and gregsimms,
maybe you should start posting stuf like this in the Other ATV Topics section so as not to stir up too much trouble. And if you ARE looking to stir up trouble(of course youve NEVER been accused of that..lol) the end result would probably be the same, it just may take a little longer for the word to get out.

Have fun all, thats what we're here for!

Old 08-15-2000, 07:50 AM
Trailblazer

Greg,
It would probably surprise you to know that I probably agree. Nearly every time I ride, it is with an SP500. It is a great machine. In terms of total features, it honestly does out do the Ruby.
I do however, find it totally inexcusable that my friend's brakes were shot and belt loose and slapping at 900 miles, in view of the careful way he rides. He always goes to lo range when necessary, and hardly ever uses the brakes.
I see that some of these things will addressed in the new model.

Old 08-15-2000, 10:40 AM
Range Rover

They didn't ask me which dup they would delete on a previous post. Knowing the history of this "sims guy" (hey greg!) they probably thought he'd get more milage out of the thread in the Honda forum. put 'em up....put 'em up. Why I outa...

Old 08-15-2000, 11:07 AM
Pro Rider

I haven't ever look at Other ATV Topics. But you may be right.

Most of the discussion here has just been that. Only a few of the replies have been defensive. More people look at and reply to the Honda and Polaris Forums and due to that you get more responses. That is why I posted this topic in both.

Do I have a reputation as a trouble maker? I really don't try to make people mad, I just like to keep it interesting.

Greg

PS I am aware that the SP500 is only King until it breaks.