Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rancher experts, please.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 03:00 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancher experts, please.

LittleBill,

No problem, I put the switch in Friday night, never thought of taking the digicam with me. check back later on tonight (after midnight) and I will take some pics and have them uploaded.

Old 08-09-2004, 05:13 PM
Range Rover

Here ya go LittleBill, I took 6 or 7 pics of how it is mounted.

Clicky Clicky

OH, and please excuse the mud, I haven't washed it since the nasty run Friday night.

Old 08-09-2004, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider

thats pretty good, but i have a question since you mounted the fairlead so far back, if ur at a bad enough angle, won't the cable rub the bars before the fairlead can control the cable?

Old 08-09-2004, 11:15 PM
Range Rover

I thought of that, but it will rub my aftermarket bumper before it rubs the factory bars I believe, and that is why I bought that bumper, to get beat up!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Friday night I got stuck in a bog bad enough that the 2000 lb winch stalled out, not enough power, and I was pulling up at about a 35 degree angle out of the bog, no rubbing at all.

Eventually I will get abracket made to mount the fairlead flush with the bumper, but for now that seems to work no problems.

Edit: Well look at that, I just looked at the pics full size for the first time and it WILL rub the factory bars first. Crappy. Ah well, it's staying there, It hasn't rubbed yet, but we will see. Thanks for pointing that out!

Old 08-12-2004, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

that sucks to hear you ran out of power, was the quad idled up to get optimum power?, i plan on mounting my fairlead on the front brush guard all im really waiting on is a piece of metal like yours that i can bolt on

Old 08-12-2004, 11:34 PM
Range Rover

I was spinning the tires and winching at the same time, so it was revved up pretty good.

Old 08-23-2004, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider

Littlebill,

Got a couple more pics of my front winch mount. Actually real close because the bumper is off, I'm switching out the orange to green and installing a Warn 424. Easy doing the 424 with everything off.

You can get me at rob_n_houston@yahoo.com.

Old 08-23-2004, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider

rob are the pictures on your website or what?, i have the warn 424, love everything about it, i will tell you one thing though, when done riding put the machine in 4 wheel drive and leave it till riding again, i left mine in 2x4 for like a month when i went to use 4x4 it was all cruded up and had to be taken apart (the control it self) the ***** get cruded locked in 2x4, just make sure to use once and a while, wait till you feel how light the turning gets

Old 08-24-2004, 09:36 AM
Pro Rider

Here are the link....pics are big, also stuff is dirty...no time to cleanup nicely.

pic 1
pic 2

the mount works with my multi mount system. Pretty simple on the honda, a little more to it on my suzuki. I just like not having the winch on all the time, plus putting it on the back a real plus.

Gonna post some pics of the 424 install. I worked for about 15 minutes last night basically just getting the unit on. A real booger to move the front diif up enough to slip in the shaft. Would have been nice to have an extra pair of hands in the front. In the end the hard part is over.

Rob

Old 08-24-2004, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

rob angel fire won't let u remote link, anyway to be honest i didn't really have a problem putting the 424 on myself, my diff moved pretty easy, my hardest problem was getting the rubber boots back on the 424 after putting it inline, took me roughly around hour 15 minutes to install

Quick Reply: Rancher experts, please.