Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

alarming stat, is it true ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2000, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Luckywilson,
Use them and buy a new one in 3 years? Tell that to my step dad. His 1992 Polaris is still running strong. Or my real dad with his 96 polaris. Maybe my mom??? Nope, her 95 is still running great too.
All people have to do is maintain the machine. Yes it is more maintanence them some others, but well worth it in my opinion.

If your theory is true, and people break the machines and have to buy a new one every 3 years, then why do these people keep buying the same machine?? If thats true, Polaris would be dead last in sales, not second. As you said, "Think about it."

Old 08-14-2000, 08:02 PM
Trailblazer

Fit and Finish boys, fit and finish, thats the final say in honda's sales, they BY FAR have the best fit and finish of any brand of ATV, dont tell me Polaris is close, we all know there fit and finish is terrible... the only reason they are up there in sales is cuz of there many models that are built on the exact same frame and chassis as the previous one...

Old 08-14-2000, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

There is 5 different frames under Polaris quads. Despite your thought that they are the same. Just because the utility machines look the same, does not mean they are the same.
Grant it, this thread is in the wrong forum now, and grant it, you guys probably will never like Polaris, that is fine, your opinions, I respect that. But if you are going to tell us why you think the ONLY reason Polaris is #2 in sales, then at least get the facts right.
There is almost never, in any sales figure, only 1 reason something sells. It is a combination of many things. That goes for everything from ATVs, to cars, to Hostess snack cakes.

Old 08-14-2000, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

Our club has about 50 quads in it & almost 50% of them are Hondas.

When riding at out secondary place most of the quads are Polaris. My friend who lives in South Dakota told me "all" the quads they ride with are Polaris.

Polaris if they are not #1 in ATV sales then they are close. They are #1 on snowmobiles & #4 (last) in personnal watercraft sales. PWC industry sales are 50% of what they were 4 years ago. Polaris seems to try & offer something for everyone. Look at last year, they came out with their first auto clutch machhine, the expedition 425.

Old 08-14-2000, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

You know I must have missed that part in the DIRT WHEELS ARTICLE,fit and finish try taking that to the trails.What is it on my 500sp that is lacking as to fit and finish?See how much fit and finish you see here.CM

https://atvconnection.com/atvconnect.../nyatvpull.cfm

Old 08-14-2000, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

SNOW
Funny but had read this post last nite as to sales then when I went to bed was readind 4-wheels and there is article page 12 called "Inside Scoop".Some HONDA guy says that they sell 1 out of 3 ATV's,I to think it depends where your at Honda isn't real big seller here either you see far more POLARIS. CM

Old 08-14-2000, 11:47 PM
Trailblazer

Thank you Lurch for not reading my post correctly, thats alright, i understand, i know you ride polaris... so read it carefully again, I said that "many" models are made on the same frame, 5 frames for... how many models? oh yes 17 of them...... dont get me wrong they have a wide range of choices, but there fit and finish and their engineering is what is holding them back in sales. Honda has... 14 models to choose from... WOW polaris only has THREE more models, one being the diesel, so that doesnt count... and they have TEN frames and such with varying choices when comeing to the foreman's and Ranchers, the rancher has 4 models with all the same engines in them... making them engineered for that frame and setup, the foreman's 3 models, two of them being 450's, and one being a 400, the 450's have the same frame but not the 400, now you see what im saying there son?? ok well its good you understand now that Honda will always be top in sales... thanks thanks for listening, again read my previous post, you can delete yours if you want, it might be the right thing to do in the honda forum since you know you wont win... piece out

Old 08-14-2000, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider

BIG DOG
For loosers POLARIS is doing pretty good so far,how far has all them frames took them in ATV PULLS and in the shoot out!!Not bad for some loosers.CM

Old 08-15-2000, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

CM,

I would bet that if you added Honda sales to Polaris sales then 2 of 3 ATV's sold would be one of those manufacturers.

Old 08-15-2000, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider

BigdogX,
I do know that I ride something other then Honda, and that you percieve this as me being stupid or something. Well, forgive me, but I did not get to where I am today by being less then intelligent.
Anyway, this is your quote:

"the only reason they are up there in sales is cuz of there many models that are built on the exact same frame and chassis as the previous one..."

All I did was metion that they are not the same exact chassis, and that it is not the "only" reason they are #2. Now, maybe you were trying to be sarcastic, but I still wanted to add my 2 cents.
And about your last sentence, the one about I will not win. What are we trying to win? Is this forum now a battle zone? Or is this a game for you? I am not going to stoop to your immature level, and try to "win" whatever it is you are trying to win. And maybe I should just delete my post? Yeah. Nice intimidation. It almost worked.

Quick Reply: alarming stat, is it true ?