Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

450r is on a roll!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 11:32 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450r is on a roll!!!

all the races ive gone to the 450R's are beating the yfz's. dessert racing/ hare scrambles/ hill climbs/ TT races/ horseshoe drags...ect. the only place the yfz does good is on a mx track. we do a lot of riddin at rock quarrys and my friend who has a yfz is wanting to trade it for a 450R because the yfz is way too unforgiving. i dont see why people put down one or the other, they werent made to do the same thing. to each their own. if you like honda get the honda if you like yamaha get a yamaha, people like different things to do different types of ridding thats why their are so many different sport quads made! remember, the rider makes the biggest difference. seems to me most the yamaha people are mouthy and like to talk a lot of smack. not all... just a few.

Old 07-26-2004, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 450RTT
Has anyone seen the results from The Ashtabula TT? Honda dominated the race once again. And before Yamaha can claim king of MX they have to nock off The Digger Doug Gust on his Suzuki. Once they start dominating all of these races then they can talk the talk. untill then zip the lip and try to catch us.

Have you raced Flint Bottoms this year? It's YFZ madness there! Also, what's up with that new track in Mt. Pleasant? I've heard it's pretty nice but haven't been there yet.

Old 07-26-2004, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

jus out of curiosity, where does yamaha or honda have room to brag. the yamaha wins the shootouts in the mags about mx racing, but gust on his z-400 is smokin both companies. Honda has won the baja races, but isn't doin good in mx. i don't follow tt or flattrack, but i do know that my bosses son took the holeshot of a flattrack race with razr tires and a blown headgasket. it seems that both yamaha and honda do well in certain areas, but everybody seems to want to focus on mx, and yet, suzuki is on top there. i have tons of respect for the guys puttin together gust's bike. if u had the money, u could literally buy gust's bike, all his mods r available to the public. now with that said, i love my quad, the fact that it's a honda has nothin to do with it.

Old 07-27-2004, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

the kid that took the holeshot was on a banshee by the way. sorry, i forgot that detail.

Old 07-27-2004, 02:01 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JTY2K
I simply stated what ATVaction printed, so file your complaints with them...Ha..Ha..Haa!!!! There the one's who conducted the test. Information is suppose to be powerful and looks like there are a couple of ego's that were hurt.... Take your medicine, because it's only the truth & if you don't believe me I'll buy the magazine & mail to your house to read!!! Also, my 01 Raptor is running great and has been since Sept. 11, 2000. Holla back!!! No holds bar!!!!
Ok, next time i pick up a magazine and read through it and i see a 450r beating a yfz in a race, i guess ill just post it up on here with what little time i have now and rub it in your face, how does that sound?

Old 07-27-2004, 10:04 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally posted by: hondaracer305
I simply stated what ATVaction printed, so file your complaints with them...Ha..Ha..Haa!!!! There the one's who conducted the test. Information is suppose to be powerful and looks like there are a couple of ego's that were hurt.... Take your medicine, because it's only the truth & if you don't believe me I'll buy the magazine & mail to your house to read!!! Also, my 01 Raptor is running great and has been since Sept. 11, 2000. Holla back!!! No holds bar!!!!
Ok, next time i pick up a magazine and read through it and i see a 450r beating a yfz in a race, i guess ill just post it up on here with what little time i have now and rub it in your face, how does that sound?
No, you'd have to post it on the Yamahahaha thread, like he did over here on the Honda thread.

Old 07-27-2004, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider

Shocker...the Raptor has been out since 2000 & I promised myself that until something better comes along then my bike will be the only atv. It hasn't happened & I'm willing to bet on it. You can buy an 04 Raptor for $5299.00 and that my friend... is the best bang for the buck for any high-performance atv. If there are any better deals, then post them. Also, I'll put money on the Raptor being the the most versatile, least expensive atv that you can buy.
Hondaracer305...I'll hold my breathe on your post about the 450r...in the meantime I'll glance at all the magazines that put the YZF450 on top of your all powerful TRX!!!!! Show me the money....

Old 07-27-2004, 10:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

I went to flintbottom thier last TT race and thier was only a few yfz there. I had the only 450R there and ran the open pro class. Pulled the holeshot and lead about three laps then blew a tire off the bead after a guy on a honda 440 ran in to me. I have not been to the new track in Mt pleasant. They had a pretty sweet Mx race for thier fair. Mark Burns put it on and had a really good turn out. Burns is a former national rider who rode for Team Cannondale in thier prime. Due you ride Flintbottom TT or mx.

Old 07-28-2004, 02:07 AM
Pro Rider

Holla back!!! No holds bar!!!!

Actually the phrase is no holds barred...

Old 07-28-2004, 02:22 AM
Pro Rider

yfz 450 is the best.....now its time for your binkie little boy! did you pee your pants? you did! bad little boy! they are all good! quit being an *** and go ride BITCH[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 450r is on a roll!!!