Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

I've had it..i'm done with ATVs

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2000, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm giving up the hobby. Nothing but trouble.

I spend more time working on them than i do riding. I just took out a small loan for a new pickup. And I'm selling my ATV and car to pay it off. I've just totally had it.

Everytime i go out something breaks! No matter what i have. I finally got to go out riding with my friends. One guy has a brand new(well 4 months old) 400ex. He was taking it easy on it. Broke down about 10 miles from home. We had to tow him back. Then someone elses broke. It's just too much. The 300EX was running great though. I figure i better get rid of it before something else goes. I could buy a new one. But why? People have just as much trouble

sale item deleted. Use the classified page
atvbbs

Old 08-23-2000, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider

I can understand your frustration. However the last 3 club rides we have had over 20 quads of all makes, even Polaris & not one breakdown. These rides were around 30 miles or more. Fifty percent of the quads were kids quads. Most of the quads in the club are Hondas.

The point is maybe you & your friends are having a run of bad luck.

Good luck on the sale of your quad.

Old 08-23-2000, 06:15 PM
Pro Rider

Geee...I've always been a Vikings fan..and each year I keep coming back for MORE!
Don't let a bad experience totally destroy your faith in our sport.Take a big deep breath...sell,fix,or trash your current ride..move on..since it can only be BETTER.
There are so many different makes and models avalible,and so many places to ride and discover..and you will meet good people along the way...hopefully!!

Old 08-23-2000, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider

Keep in mind you aren't running all stock equitment.

Old 08-23-2000, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

Your 300ex looks pretty beat up

Old 08-23-2000, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider

Take some time cool off,,,,,,,,,,Life is far from perfect!!

When you manage to steel away some time to go ridding, One would assume that everything will work!!! It worked last time,,,Why not now! Well that's just life kicking you in the @@s.

My EX blew up only the third ride in to it's life; was I pissed,, yea. Done for the day ,,yea. But the joys one just one perfect day of ridding with your buds and grtting away from it all makes it all worth while.S I got it fixed and I've had good luck and "times" ever since

And if you think going four wheeling with that truck is going to be worry free,,Guess again! That truck is going to be alot more expensive to fix, Tow,(In my case "drown"),,,, "To deal with".

I have a love-hate relationship going on right now with Windows 2000. Most times it works great. Other times it gets a mind of it's own and curups it's self and I want to kick the box across the room.

Great!! As i'm typing this my new boom-box just started skiping,,,,,,,,,,,,Your bad luck man.

Just bustin,,,,Keep the faith, It's got to get better.It can't get much worse.

Old 08-23-2000, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider

Dear 94GDblaster, sorry to here about all the rotten luck you have had with your ATV. I just spent $130 on a rear tire replacement for my Griz ( my full truck tire did not cost this much), not to mention the problems I have had with my 400ex. It seems like maintaining an atv is as expensive as an auto, and most people only ride on weekends as opposed to using you auto every day.

Old 08-23-2000, 07:17 PM
JRM
Pro Rider

86' 200SX bought used in 90' totally beat up for $400.00 I have only put tires and a chain on it and have ridden the heck out of it for the last 10 years without one breakdown or even a part breaking.

Old 08-23-2000, 07:22 PM
Range Rover

Damn. MY bike is 13 years old and it never quits running. Maybe things rnt made like they use to.

Old 08-23-2000, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider

actually ATV BBS It wasn't a sale item really..

yeah i get what you guys are saying. But i guess i'm just going to take a break from it till a later date. I'm enjoying my new truck right now.

In the summer i ride 3 hours a day normally, since i dont' have a real job, Just cutting grass.

I don't have to sell the quad to pay my truck off. Just my Prelude, And thats only 750 of it.

I may be getting another, but for now i've totally had it. I get way too stressed about it.

I just want to push it off of a cliff!

Maybe whenever i get a new one i'll get a nice 4x4 Maybe a Honda Foreman or something. Put some nice mudder tires on it. And take it easy. I guess jumping 10 feet in the air, racing down trails, and doing wheelies, isn't exactly easy on quads.

Quick Reply: I've had it..i'm done with ATVs