Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rincon reverse rev limiter

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 12:58 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rincon reverse rev limiter

Originally posted by: Bionic
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Jack up the gas cap and slide a POLARIS under it. Lower gas cap. You now have a machine that has come standard with a override for more than 10 years. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]Oh yeah, all four tires will be turning too.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Thanks for that unwanted and ignorant remark.

All four wheels will turn, but you still wont have real 4wd, especially going downhill.

Be careful when bypassing the rev limiter. While the extra power is needed in many situations, it can become very dangerous very quickly. Especially if someone who isnt used to the machine is operating it. Make sure you let everyone know the limiter is removed. Otherwise someone may end up hurt, or you quad may need repair.

Old 10-01-2004, 01:57 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put a switch on mine so I can have it on or off. I put the switch up on the gauge pod.

Old 01-28-2006, 06:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

Exactly how did you wire the switch??? Do you cut the female or male side of the switch? I cut the male side (toward the front). First I cut the grey wire and hooked it into the toggle. Then I spliced into the ligth blue wire and hooked it to the toggle as well. It doesn't work though. When I flip the switch on the "ESP" starts blinking in the box where it tells what gear you are in and then it starts sputtering. What did I do wrong???

Old 03-05-2006, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider

You need to wire the switch so that it is as original in one position and the new configuration in the other. EASY HUH?? Now I need a wiring diagram to do it.

I did it to my eiger. same concept.

Why would someone jump onto a honda board and diss em? Accept the fact that we are all having fun and we all have different ideas of dependability and uses. If ya hate another brand, tell yer fellow believers, they'll understand and love ya fer it. Keep yer disparaging remarks to your own forum, please.