Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Being hurt sux!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2000, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man can't do anything..wanna ride but I cannot even move my right thumb or let alone hold onto the bars.. Propably out for a good 8 weeks with surgery on my right wrist after i dislocated 3 of my wrist bones 2" down and an inch bulging in my skin... darn... I still love it though.. That which does not kill you, only makes you stronger... What injures you only makes you smarter for the next time...

Old 08-27-2000, 04:10 AM
Trailblazer

i just got my cast off a month ago after braking my navicular bone in my right wrist(the slowest and hardest bone to heal in the human body) after i landed a jump at the dunes really hard do to my stock suspension, so i healed up for 2 months and got +3 a-arms to give those shocks more leverage. im gonna first test them tomarrow morning at the dunes and will put some pics on my page from the trip. check it out

Old 08-27-2000, 04:30 AM
Range Rover

I think you have it backwards.Bigger arms have more leverage on the shock.You NEED aftermarket shocks set up for your specs.Stockers wont work with big arms,especially on big jumps!

Old 08-27-2000, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider

ahhhhh man I know it SUCKS! It's so boring...I owned this forum back when I broke my leg...hehe didn't have anything else to do....I was out about 13 weeks......ohh well I'm back now...ok man take it easy and don't try to start ridin too soon (I did...started after like 4 weeks with a cast on....hehe..it doesn't help heal things though).....well later

Old 08-28-2000, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider

Skunky...I feel your pain...I'm having a metal rod removed from my femur tomorrow. I hope that doesn't keep me from riding for too long.

Old 08-28-2000, 11:56 PM
Range Rover

so skunky I guess its gonna be a while before there is a ride report on the nellis dunes. Hope you get back together soon as possible. Hate to see a rider down. If you need someone to excercise your bike let me know. Ha Ha

Old 08-29-2000, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider

No it is there the nellis dunes that is. Haven't been there but gonna go when i heal also the local honda shop is doing some product reviews up there this weekend

Old 09-03-2000, 01:54 PM
Trailblazer

i also broke my nevicular while riding my 400ex.
my friend pulled out in front of me while i was goin full bore, so i couldnt stop, smacked right into his white trash LT.
i did that in june and i just got my cast off last week. now i have a brace on, and i have to have it on for another month. when i get that off, the dr. thinks i will have to get a bone taken out of my hip and pinned in my wrist.
i havent stopped ridin since i broke it. i even rode home about a mile and took a nap the day i broke it before i even went to the emergency room.
i ride a 2000 honda 400EX with maier purple plastic, purple renthal bars, black seat cover,motion pro twist throttle, prm full body skid plate, prm swing arm skid plate, prm front bumper, sunstar sprockets-2teeth lower gearing, 20 inch turf tamers on rear, graydon proline aluminum nerf bars. go to www.angelfire.com/stars/stuff4