Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

shops tick me off!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2000, 02:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have always had good luck with Orange County Honda. Their mechanic is great and a really good engine builder. The guys in parts are always telling me where I can get a part for less if I don't need OEM Honda. Prices are a little high ($12 for a main jet) but if I gotta have genuine Honda, well, I pay for it. Lebard & Underwood in LaHabra usually have oem parts that OCH doesn't have in stock.
The aftermarket shops are the ones that have jacked me around (read. . .Trinity Racing). I wouldn't take my skateboard to them!

Old 08-30-2000, 09:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also find that most dealerships in my area [regardless of brand] absolutly SUCK.They half a$$ most of the work,overcharge the hell out of you,and take FOREVER to repair your problems.

There are 3 dealers[Polaris] within 15 miles of my hometown,only one has a competit mechanic,and now,im not really sure of him either.

I once went to my purchasing dealership for some fluids for my 99 Sportsman,the IDIOT mechanic gave me the WRONG lube for my front gearcase.NOW THIS IS THE SAME IDIOT THAT REPAIRS THE DAMN THINGS.Should he not know?Im allways checking over any mechanics work,and allmost allways I will find something they overlooked or forgot.Your best bet is to do your own work whenever possible.===Bill

Old 08-30-2000, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

I know all about high prices. I broke a front brake lever pivot bolt. So I went to the honda shop and ordered two (In case another tree jumped out in front of me) at $3.87 a piece. Then when they got in, it didn't come with a nut (a regular 10mm nut), but they told me I could buy a replacement for ,get this, $4.99. I went to lowes and bought one for $0.05! Talk about a huge mark up!

Old 08-30-2000, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

If anyone here is from PA and looking for a good dealer. Lancaster Honda gets my vote. Everybody who works there either races or at least rides(I think it's a job requirement) and they do excellent work. The only thing I don't like about the Honda dealers in my area is, they don't stock hardly any aftermarket parts.
I have owned Yamaha quads and bikes for years and I'm used to our dealer having a huge inventory of aftermarket parts. So this Honda dealer thing kinda bugs me.

Old 08-31-2000, 12:37 PM
Pro Rider

My local dealer is great.....I don't take anything there.

Old 08-31-2000, 12:45 PM
Pro Rider

Part of the reason I did not buy another honda was the dealer around here. I had just bought a brand new 300 4x4 paid cash 5200 bucks ordered another 500 in accessories which I also paid in cash. I said hey through in a Honda hat he would not! Plus the service was outrageuosly expensive and took way to long to do. And they never found out why whenever it got wet, it would not start for days. bought my Polaris got 300 Polaris dollars and 10 percent of anything in the store for life! I asked him for a hat he said you want two? I never took one.