Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Minnesota trails???

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2000, 11:59 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering if anyone knew of places to ride in Minnesota, somewhat near the Twin Cities(1-2 hours drive time)? I am looking for a place to go riding for a day, and not have to drive 3 hours to get there.

Thanks for any input!

Schtick

Old 09-01-2000, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider

You are in luck. Drive up to Isle, and ride the Red Top Trail. There is a parking lot just west of the intersection of 27 and 45 (South of Father Hennepin State Park . Get on the Soo Line Trail and head east about 4 miles. Or... you can take to Soo Line Trail all the way to Superior Wi.

You could also ride the "Gandy Dancer Trail" in Wisconsin out of Taylor Falls. Park at the tourist information booth and go.

Enjoy.

Old 09-01-2000, 01:18 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks! I did find that one at the MN DNR site. I have a map that says there is around 15 to 20 miles of trails. Does that sound about right?

Old 09-01-2000, 01:40 PM
Trailblazer

Go to the Mn. DNR website and you can download maps of ATV trails. RedTop is one of the closest ones. I have done RedTop a few times and it has some challenging trails and Mud if you are so inclined.
Lte in Sept. there is a convention at the RedTop...check out the ATVAM website. It should be fun with lots of ATV's there.

Old 09-01-2000, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

try the foothills state forrest near Backus..excellent riding...

Old 09-01-2000, 11:20 PM
Range Rover

Dill, how many miles of trails are in the foothills? Is that close to spider lake rec area> thanks for any info vmaxer.

Old 09-02-2000, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider

I'm not sure, but I rode all day and never saw the same trail...I'd highly recommend it

Old 09-04-2000, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider

Schitck, looks like we live near each other!

There are two places that are pretty close. The closest is Tri-County ATV Park, just north of Faribault. One hour drive time. Small, rough and rocky but it's close and has fun hills and a few jumps. I went to Hurricane Hills MX Track (Mazeppa) last week and loved it. The track is east of Zumbrota. An hour and a half drive but well worth it. Lots of do-able tabletops. The track is very hard, and in some spots a little rough. There is a 90' tabletop that is sweet. You get up there and float. E-mail me for driving directions or more info.

Old 09-04-2000, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider

Spider Lake rec area and Foothills State Forest are the same thing. If you go north from Spider Lake, you could ride all day without finding the same trail twice, I think you can even ride to a couple of other state forests from there. Didn't bear hunting season just open? Might want to be careful.

Nemadji State forest(swamp) is fun too, if you like mud.

Old 09-05-2000, 12:17 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for all the posts! I went to Red Top and had a great time. I was able to put my first 30 miles on the Rubicon. I am very impressed with the bike. I did notice a gas mileage hit though. With those 30 miles, I have around a quarter tank left. I think my 450s was around the same and slowly the mileage did improve.

Thanks for the replys!!

Schtick

Quick Reply: Minnesota trails???