Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

CD micro Fiche.

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2000 | 12:05 AM
|
Range Rover

Does any one know were i could get some micro fiche(SP)? I saw it at a shop today it is really nice. MY dad has the regular micro fiche machine (reader thing) and the computer diagrams on the computer not for quads though . SO i have a machine for the old stuff but my dad said it would be expensive. Does anyone know a price for the cd.Or some where u could down load it?
thanks alot

Old 09-03-2000 | 02:51 AM
Trailblazer

what in the hell are you talkin about?

Old 09-03-2000 | 02:59 AM
|
Range Rover

. Have u ever seen at the shops what they use instead of a repir manual. They are diagrams.I think i might be spelling some stuff wrong. sorry. any info would be aprreciated

Old 09-03-2000 | 03:56 AM
Pro Rider

Your best bet is to:

1) Find a good-guy parts man in a shop where they have converted from microfiche to computer and talk him out of the microfiche parts catalog for your particular machine--he doesn't need it any more, and if he's really a good guy, he'll GIVE you the 'fiche. Failing this, find out if you can:

2) Buy the microfiche for your machine from the manufacturer.

A 'fiche is a nice tool, if you have access to a reader (I understand you do). Used microfiche readers can be purchased quite reasonably now, if you have the space to keep one, because the world is converting to computer-based systems. Otherwise, readers are available in some libraries, repair shops, etc., often with printer capabilites to make hard copies of frames of interest.

Unfortunately, in my experience, you cannot obtain a CD with illustrated parts breakdowns, manuals, and service information, because--the dealerships subscribe to a software service; their computer data bases are provided and updated by contractors, not by shuffling CD's.

I wish maintenance information WERE available on CD's; if you find it let me know. I exclude the pirated CD's of Polaris manuals previously mentioned on the Forum, information available free from the 'Web, but sold by opportunists on Ebay to unsuspecting customers.

Kawasaki has its parts catalogs and exploded parts diagrams available at www.buykawasaki.com; other manufacturers may now or soon will have similar information accessibility.

Your idea of service information on CD's appears to be a good one; maybe the ATV service manual publishers (e.g., Clymer) and/or the ATV manufacturers will offer this format soon.

Tree Farmer

Old 09-03-2000 | 11:13 AM
Trailblazer

There is an online resource from which you can purchase a micro-fishe for about $15 bucks. I got one for my Rancher, went to the local library to read it, and afterward, decided that buying a service manual would have been better.

Here's the URL:
http://repairmanual.net
Motocom Inc., Repair and Maintenance information
404-873-1479

Old 09-03-2000 | 10:16 PM
|
Range Rover

Alright thanks for the info.
I already have the clymer manual. It helps alot. But the picuters arnt that great and it is not that easy to find everything.
I really dont like the micor fiche. And dont really want to spend money out of my very limite buget on somthing i dont really want. I just wish i could order the part directly through honda. Or find out what size bolts and nuts are need, Torque specifications etc.
I want to do all the work on my bike by myself or with a friend that i can wihtout taking it to the shop.
ill let u know tree farmer if i find anyhting thanks

Old 09-03-2000 | 10:18 PM
|
Range Rover

Alright thanks for the info.
I already have the clymer manual. It helps alot. But the pictures arnt that great and it is not that easy to find everything.
I really dont like the micor fiche. And dont really want to spend money out of my very limited buget on somthing i dont really want. I just wish i could order the part directly through honda. Or find out what size bolts and nuts are need, Torque specifications etc.
I want to do all the work on my bike by myself or with a friend that i can with out taking it to the shop.
ill let u know tree farmer if i find anyhting thanks

Old 09-04-2000 | 02:57 AM
Pro Rider

The source suggested by Bigsqueeze on this topic has 'fiches for $ 15; if that's within your budget, go for it! I always thought dealer shops had an advantage, because they had both the shop manuals AND the illustrated parts breakdown a 'fiche provides.

Tree Farmer

Old 09-04-2000 | 05:18 AM
Range Rover

You can buy honda repair manuals right from the dealer. I have one and a clymer both for my 250r. Between the both of them I have quite a few pics to reference from. The honda manual is the better of the two in my opinion. Good luck with your first quad.

Old 09-07-2000 | 11:49 PM
|
Range Rover

does the "fiche" show part numbers??? or nut sizes and things like that. Tyhat is the only downs side of my clymer manual. which does not show them.
thakns for the info so far

Quick Reply: CD micro Fiche.