Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

What do you think, are Honda ATV's still the best on earth?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 05:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think, are Honda ATV's still the best on earth?

I have always been a die hard Honda fan. Having ridden a few other brands and recently purchased a King Quad I am wondering - Is Honda still the best on earth? What do you think?

Old 12-02-2004, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider

i dont think any more, mabey reliability yes, features absolutely not. ride comfort no, and off road ability no, serivicability nope there either. for the ute bikes, the sports, are ok, but kick starting on the 450r YFZ is my pick.

v581

Old 12-02-2004, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

Best on earth only for those whose top priority is that it start up and run without problem for many, many years. For others who's top priority is performance and are willing to do some extra level of repairs there are better choices. I think that has been true for many years now.

Old 12-02-2004, 07:37 PM
Trailblazer

You are a very wise being oldturtle.

Old 12-02-2004, 10:25 PM
Trailblazer

Well, let's see, you're in the Honda discussion thread, and four of the seven ATV's mentioned in your signature are Honda's! I think this is a rhetorical question. Of course Honda is the best on earth. But then again, that's what they're saying about the Suzukis, Kawasakis, and Yamahas. The difference being they don't know that we're the only ones that are right! Ride Red, or bring a tow strap so I can tow you out of the woods!

Old 12-02-2004, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: oldturtle
Best on earth only for those whose top priority is that it start up and run without problem for many, many years. For others who's top priority is performance and are willing to do some extra level of repairs there are better choices. I think that has been true for many years now.
hes right. reliability is the best on a honda. i'd rather be riding than repairing.

Old 12-02-2004, 11:09 PM
Trailblazer

i had a 83 honda goldwing....83 thousand miles on it...never a problem,now i have a 2002 GL1800 ... 14000 miles,not a single problem.
also have a 2005 rancher,4x4.... imathinking ? if honda's 4 wheelers are anything like their goldwing's..i'll ride it for years n' years...
buckweet

Old 12-02-2004, 11:43 PM

Honda is known for stellar reliability and really nice ergonomics. It's all of the other parameters that need to be updated. I don't mean that as a slap.......just an honest opinion. I almost bought a Rancher AT 400 for the same $$$ as my Polaris Sportsman 400 because I know the Honda reliability is second to none........but........I couldn't justify its lack of features and performance relative to the Polaris. The Polaris was just simply a much better value.

Yes.....I know that I'm in the Honda forum and there will be some Honda snobs that will be aghast at such blaspheme...................a >> POLARIS << of all things!!!........but somebody posted the question.

My decision was also swayed by having had a 1988 Polaris that I absolutely drove (abused) the snot out of well enjoying my juvenile delinquency.......... it never gave me a problem.

Bob ("The Polaris Blasphemer") ;-) lol

Old 12-03-2004, 12:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

Ranche. My 2000 350 4X4 es. When it warms up after a few minutes riding it refuses to shift, display goes to dashed lines. Any ideas? Park it for a day, does it again. Any help appreciated a bunch. Thancks..... Recall on the shift plate in the crank case an issue? Never notified. Thx.

Old 12-03-2004, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

I think Honda's are great machines. This is comin from a die hard Kawi guy!! hahaha. At our Kawi dealership, we work on everything. Of course, everything breaks down and gets wear on them. I've seen it all. Most of the time its the owners lack of maintenance. I hate the word Neglect! I could write a book on all the different probs every manufacturer has with their models. I think all the manufacturers make great machines. Every model has its weak point. I guess it comes down to what yer used to and what you grew up around. I bleed green so no changin this Kawi Kidd. Theres a lot of Honda guys out here and there is always a rivalry between the Red Riders and the Green Guys. Its brutal at times but we all have somethin in common, Ridin and loving great outdoors. Thats what counts! Its great havin somethin that brings us altogether. Maybe we should thank our manufacturers for producing an awesome machine that never gets old and makes our lives a little happier! Ok, who wants to go muddin!!!!!

Quick Reply: What do you think, are Honda ATV's still the best on earth?