Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

who sells tires/rims for Recon?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default who sells tires/rims for Recon?

okay, thanks for trying. these are frustrating to match up. RoscoePW, I'd go with Mudlites or Bearclaws. Mudlites are nice and light which i think is important for a 250cc quad, plus they're very good multi-purpose tires.

Old 12-26-2004, 05:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no problem, yeah mudlights would be good for that recon , or dirt devils , almost the same thing

Old 12-27-2004, 04:22 PM
Trailblazer

I think that any of the mentiioned tires will do you just fine.
But if you dont want to buy rims maxxis all trak comes in 9" and I just put a set on my wifes 04 Recon, they have lots of tread and were only $42.99 from rocky mountain.

Old 12-27-2004, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!

My son rode a Recon before his 300ex, and one day after I got new rims/tires for my Wolverine, I decided to try putting the stock 12" rims and 23" tires on the Recon. The bolt pattern is the same, and the rims and tires looked awesome on that little quad. As long as you keep the same bolt pattern, you don't have to put 9 inch rims on, you can go up in size, that will give you a lot more options as far as tires and rims. Heck, get some Rubicon stock aluminum rims, that way it is all Honda, and will look great.

Old 12-28-2004, 04:30 AM
Pro Rider

sireland67 and 95Wolv, that's exactly the info i was looking for. 95, was there any change in power loss or clearance or tippy-ness when you changed to 25" on 12" rims???

Old 12-28-2004, 09:59 AM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!

The stock Wolverine tire is a 23" so it was barely bigger than stock, with 12" rims, it actually handled better, because of a lot less tire roll from less sidewall with the taller rims. The Recon is geared more utility, so a slightly bigger tire won't hurt, lets it rev out more on the top end, the Honda rev limit is so stingy, when I opened up the air box snorkle and jetted it up, it was a lot peppier, but hit the rev limit even easier, because letting it breath better made it rev so much better. If you find some 12" rims and maybe a 24" tire, you could be ok, especially if you open up the air box,rejet, or maybe even put a pipe on, that little motor really is choked up from the factory. My son could actually take my Wolverine off the line with his lower gears, but I would catch him pretty quick with the extra power. How aggressive of a tire do you need? the Titan 489 comes in a 23" size on a 12" rim, but is not as aggressive as the Mudlite or Bearclaw. Keep in mind, not only weight, but tread, will affect the power,a real deep tread may make it harder to turn the tires in the nasty stuff, the little motor may not be able to spin with too much traction.

Old 01-03-2005, 09:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have standerd size mudlites on the back and standerd on the front of my stock recon. I love them.

Old 01-04-2005, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider

where did you find stock sizes? My stock sizes are 22x7-11 (front) and 22x10-9 (rear), and i haven't seen these sizes available. that's why i thought i'd have to get different rims to get mudlites. so what size are your mudlites, and where'd you get them?

Old 01-17-2005, 11:46 PM
Trailblazer

Hey ride update,
My wife tried out her new maxxis over the holidays (sorry so long to post) one thing that I failed to mention is that they are wider than stock and have alot of tread on the sidewalls.
She said they were alot more stable on hard pack and gravel roads than the stock tires (which had about 3/4 tread)at high speed.
They will throw roost in the mud like you will not believe.
On a very muddy wet track she would pull up to me, and the rear tires had no mud packed in them and the stock fronts would be completly packed with mud.
Maxxix makes a set to fit the front but one of my buddies has them on his 4-wheel drive quad and says dont buy them for the front because they are too hard to steer. The stock tires in good condition on the front seem to stear fine.
I hope thisinformation helps you.

Old 01-18-2005, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider

so could i put my stock Yamaha 25" tires and rims on the Recon??? Are those too big? I'd rather do that than buy another set.

Quick Reply: who sells tires/rims for Recon?