Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

snorkel kit from triangle atv

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default snorkel kit from triangle atv

I got a snorkel kit from triangle atv as a present for Christmas. Has anyone ever installed one of these?

It says no rejetting-- but the instructions have me taking apart the carb and moving a clip [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] ??

Suggestions much appreciated--even if you tell me to pitch this device... I just purchased it a month ago.

Thanks!

Old 12-27-2004, 01:27 AM
Range Rover

What kind of bike do you have? I know on my Rancher, to lower or raise the clip (I assume you are lowering to make it richer??) I can do it with the carb on the bike. I can get at the 4 screws on the top of the carb, remove the cover, pull up the rubber condom type thingy, and get at the needle from there.

Old 12-27-2004, 10:41 AM
Pro Rider

2004 foreman es --- yeah that info is kinda important eh? thanks

Old 12-27-2004, 04:37 PM
Range Rover

I would install it and ride it to see if you need to adjust the clips. I made one for my 98 TRX 300 4X4 and it runs as good if not better than it did stock. I ride a lot of deep mud and creeks and I have had the thing about 2" from the top of the snorkel in water. It works great and the ATV runs great with zero mods to the carb. Try it out and I think that you will see that it will run fine without any adjustments.

Good Luck!

Old 12-28-2004, 08:58 AM
Pro Rider

What other modifications would you do on a stock foreman for deep water riding..is there any need to seal around the spark plug, ignition module, air box lid, rope pull, or anywhere else? Or are they pretty much water tight everywhere from the factory? I dont plan to ride that deep, but sometimes when you roll into a hole or creek its deeper than expected. I know when I adjusted my brakes this weekend, my drums and shoes were wet and a little mud in there too!

Old 12-28-2004, 09:17 AM
Range Rover

I am not really sure what you will need to seal on a 04 Foreman. I have heard of people putting some silicone around the pull start hole. My 98 has a kick start so I didn't have to worry there. As far as the spark plug, ignition module, etc they should be fine. I have driven mine through creeks with the handlebars under water and have had zero problems.

Hope this helps!

Old 12-28-2004, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider

I did seal around my pull crank cord a while back. When cleaning it I pulled the cord out to see if the muddy water was going in and sure enough, the cord was stained a few inches down the length of it. .I siliconed it just for safety sake. thanks for the answer!

Old 01-21-2014, 05:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by duffus
I got a snorkel kit from triangle atv as a present for Christmas. Has anyone ever installed one of these?

It says no rejetting-- but the instructions have me taking apart the carb and moving a clip [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] ??

Suggestions much appreciated--even if you tell me to pitch this device... I just purchased it a month ago.

Thanks!
I recomend diametric grease for all electrical connections u can get at local parts house plus check seal on clutch cover and intake can't hurt