Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Bars for TRX 450R

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 10:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bars for TRX 450R

I need a set of bars for my 450R witch bend ? I like the feel of the stock bend but is that considered a high med or low bend ? I was looking at the pro taper and the Renthals. Is one better than the other ?? I ride mostley MX and some trail. I would like to get a bar close to stock bend or hight

Thanks Tim

Old 12-28-2004, 10:53 PM
Trailblazer

i would go with the TAG T2 kit. I herd it great for racing and gives a 3/4 bar ride. i think there 7/8 a little pricy though but will prolly be good. I know im going to be getting them once i get my 450r in the summer. There just one negative thing i have herd about them when u roll the quad it bend sthe steering stem insteed of the bars so you might wanna thing about that if you roll ur quad a lot. hope this helps a little bit

~450rkid

Old 12-28-2004, 11:10 PM
Trailblazer

I like the Pro tapers...Lightweight & Strong. They are the best bars on the market for racing, but they are very pricey around $80-90.
The Tag T-2s work fine for all around bars...they also come in a variety of bends & sizes. Great bars for the price.
Have you thought about where you are going to relocate your ingnition switch with your new bars?

Remember...RIDE RED! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-28-2004, 11:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: 400EXtremeguy
I like the Pro tapers...Lightweight & Strong. They are the best bars on the market for racing, but they are very pricey around $80-90.
The Tag T-2s work fine for all around bars...they also come in a variety of bends & sizes. Great bars for the price.
Have you thought about where you are going to relocate your ingnition switch with your new bars?

Remember...RIDE RED! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

thanks for the info guys do you know what bend is close to stock bend Also I have not thought of a place to relocate my ingnition switch any ideas??

Thanks Tim

Old 12-28-2004, 11:35 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?

You could do away with it. There is no battery to save. I haven't check it yet, but either unplug the switch, or unplug and wire the 2 wires together. If you still have the headlight/ on off switch you will be fine. Unless you think the key is an anti-theft device.

Old 12-28-2004, 11:38 PM
Trailblazer

That's what we are here for!!
Are trying to raise your bar height & keep your stock bend?
I personally think the 450r bars are too low!
Honda wasn't thinking too clearly when they designed the ign switch into the handle bar cover. What did they think...everyone was going to keep the stock bars on forever?
I have seen the bar clamp kits that will raise your bars 1-2" they bolt on to your steering stem then you stock clamps bolt into the risers...that's an option and would be cheaper than buying new bars!

Remember...RIDE RED! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-29-2004, 01:17 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the TAG T-2 kit (Quad/CR double-high bend). It puts the bars a little lower than stock, which is great for trails/cross-country.

These bars don't bend! If you roll it, you have a good chance of bending the steering stem. $70 and easily replaced.

Trending Topics

Old 12-29-2004, 01:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: 400EXtremeguy
That's what we are here for!!
Are trying to raise your bar height & keep your stock bend?
I personally think the 450r bars are too low!
Honda wasn't thinking too clearly when they designed the ign switch into the handle bar cover. What did they think...everyone was going to keep the stock bars on forever?
I have seen the bar clamp kits that will raise your bars 1-2" they bolt on to your steering stem then you stock clamps bolt into the risers...that's an option and would be cheaper than buying new bars!

Remember...RIDE RED! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Im looking to keep the same hight or close to it Im just not sure on witch hight to get the tag T2 double high 4.53'' and the Renthals hight for ATV 5.59 400ex the renthals is an inch taller also the universal Duece bars Quad bend hight is 5.70 "

Old 12-29-2004, 03:35 AM
Trailblazer

Decisions...Decisions....Decisions???

Good Luck!

Remember RIDE RED!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-29-2004, 02:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok Thanks for the info guys I guess I need to look at bars that have about 5'' hight

Thanks Tim

Quick Reply: Bars for TRX 450R