Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

400EX gives me more problems than the Banshee ever did!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 04:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 400EX gives me more problems than the Banshee ever did!

Originally posted by: OregonDunePatrol
For my type of riding the K&N with a prefilter is the best. All this talk about cleaning filters all the time is nuts - Just get a pre-filter and you'll have a lot less cleaning to worry about. The condition of the main filter is paramount. I dont know of anything that hold up better to riding conditions over time than the K&N. I realize that a lot of the race guys use foam filters - but they clean them all the time. All that cleaning will break down a filter in a hurry. The K&N is designed to last a really long time - If you have a pre-filter - clean it and you wont have to worry as much about cleaning the main filter.
sounds good to me, or you can just clean your filter every time you go out.. like i do, and most other people; and replace it when it starts breaking down cause **** they are cheap. i have a uni filter - but to tell you the true im not partial to either. i figure if you clean it every time and have either one oiled properly it will do its job. OHHHH or you can be really racer, and use your moms legging stockings and just zip tie it straight to the carb !! WHHHAHAHA. (um kids, dont try this at home... that was a joke) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]