Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

I hate to do this!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate to do this!

Yo Tyson150, i have the xcclerator pipe on my quad too and i did the samething as you. I had my quad brought into my dealer to have it jetted. Well you got lucky because mine cost $170.00 plus tax to have them buy the part and has them jet the carb. Also mine run really sweet too that why i said the hell with it! it done and run really sick. My friend who had his quad jetted the cheap way it does not run half as strong as my quad and everytime i ride with him i feel a ton better that i had mine jetted by the dealer. I'm sure i could have done it myself but i just wanted to be safe.

Old 01-08-2005, 06:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think an hour to an hour and a half is unreasonable for jetting a single carb. Sure, all you whiz's out there can pop a main jet in a lot quicker, and that's fine but...a complete job you gotta test ride the thing first to see how it runs stock. Try to come up with a plan, or if a customer hasn't provided it, try to get some mfg. specs. Then you gotta do the work, which may include a needle replace or clip adjustment, then you gotta test it again, probably do a mixture and idle speed adjustment. And you may want to try something else, retest and so on. Generally the more testing, trial and error you do, the better it turns out. If the job turns out well, and is done professionally, those aren't bad prices.

Old 01-08-2005, 10:11 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: dzzy
I don't think an hour to an hour and a half is unreasonable for jetting a single carb. Sure, all you whiz's out there can pop a main jet in a lot quicker, and that's fine but...a complete job you gotta test ride the thing first to see how it runs stock. Try to come up with a plan, or if a customer hasn't provided it, try to get some mfg. specs. Then you gotta do the work, which may include a needle replace or clip adjustment, then you gotta test it again, probably do a mixture and idle speed adjustment. And you may want to try something else, retest and so on. Generally the more testing, trial and error you do, the better it turns out. If the job turns out well, and is done professionally, those aren't bad prices.

the Dg instructions said to put in a 152 mainjet and remove the snorkel. The dealer said they switched the main jet, needle, airscrew, and all that other crap. And they had to ride it to make sure the jetting was right. so maybe they did take 1.30 hours, it runs awesome. Today i raced my brothers friend, also a 400ex(no lid), and smoked by like 3-4 lengths, .....its awesome

Old 01-08-2005, 10:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: Tyson150
Originally posted by: thewayout420
and just think,you paid $95 for 10 minutes worth of work..

they said it took 1.25 hours to do it all

LOL my buddies 14 and did it in 11 mins

Old 01-08-2005, 10:36 PM
Rem
Pro Rider

im sorry, thats just too funny. people pay over 100 dollars to have people jet their bikes... thats pathetic, im sorry. i had no clue how to do it, so i made a topic, got a manual and did it myself, my blaster runs great... oh yeah it only costed me 5 bucks...

Old 01-08-2005, 10:46 PM
Rem
Pro Rider

also, jetting a 4 stroke is a lot easier than a 2-stroke. so....

Old 01-09-2005, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider

most dealers have set prices for everything....depending on models, etc. and what they have to do...

the way to learn is rip into it and and do it and ask if you don't know how....

When i was roadracing motorcycles, I could remove the carbs on my cbr600, change jets or needle position and put back on in less than 20 minutes for the next races....luckily all 4 carbs are connected...lol

Old 01-09-2005, 01:49 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"but it runs really nicely....."

Sounds like you got a good deal to me. Isn't it great to get what you paid for. They jetted it correctly and it runs great.

You probably paid $25 for them to re-jet your carb, and $70 for knowing how to do it correctly and make it "run really nice......."

Old 01-09-2005, 10:27 PM
Rem
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Specta
"but it runs really nicely....."

Sounds like you got a good deal to me. Isn't it great to get what you paid for. They jetted it correctly and it runs great.

You probably paid $25 for them to re-jet your carb, and $70 for knowing how to do it correctly and make it "run really nice......."
do you know anything??? i dont think so... its extremely easy to do it yourself, most of the time you only need to change the main, and mess with the needle. get a manual, and never pay the dealership to do anything for ur quad again...

Old 01-09-2005, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: Rem
Originally posted by: Specta

do you know anything??? i dont think so... its extremely easy to do it yourself, most of the time you only need to change the main, and mess with the needle. get a manual, and never pay the dealership to do anything for ur quad again...
Yeah i brought in my 2004 blaster to my dealer for them to fix it (it was under warranty that's why i didn't do it myself) and they forgot to hook up the injector line back up to the carb so my motor was getting no oil, yeah you guessed it blew the top end it was only 2 days old[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] last time i take my quad to the dealer, anyways it's fun to work on quads yourself, well i think so[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: I hate to do this!