Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

I hate to do this!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 10:53 PM
Rem
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate to do this!

did they replace the motor?? thats their fault! you should ask for a new blaster!!

Old 01-09-2005, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah i got a new quad for free from them, because that's bullsh!t i was pissed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 01-10-2005, 09:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vunit, if the dealership did right by their mistake, what are you griping about? Anybody can make a mistake, even you. If you'd done it yourself and flubbed it up, you'd have to pay. That sounds like like an argumenet FOR bringing it do the dealer to me. REM...quit ragging on Specta, I've got nothing but respect for his posts. As far as knowing anything, I gotta have my doubts about anybody who makes the statement "four strokes are easier to jet than two strokes". Get back to me when you've had a few thousand carbs apart. I agree with Specta, the knowledge to know if it's jetted correctly and what to do when it's not right comes much harder than swapping a jet.

Old 01-10-2005, 04:16 PM
Trailblazer

do you have to bring them the jets to put in or do they have them

Old 01-10-2005, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: dzzy
Vunit, if the dealership did right by their mistake, what are you griping about? Anybody can make a mistake, even you. If you'd done it yourself and flubbed it up, you'd have to pay. That sounds like like an argumenet FOR bringing it do the dealer to me. REM...quit ragging on Specta, I've got nothing but respect for his posts. As far as knowing anything, I gotta have my doubts about anybody who makes the statement "four strokes are easier to jet than two strokes". Get back to me when you've had a few thousand carbs apart. I agree with Specta, the knowledge to know if it's jetted correctly and what to do when it's not right comes much harder than swapping a jet.
Yeah i know that but the quad was only 2 days old that should not even have happend. The quad had problems from the start when i first brought it home, and the whole reason why i took it to my dealer is because it was under warranity and if i did fix it myself than i would have ended the warranity and if anything else broke on it before 6 months than i would have to pay for it. I dont even care anymore, but i'm sure if you had a brand new quad and it was f**k in 2 day i'm sure you'd be pissed too.

Old 01-10-2005, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 250exRiderMatt
do you have to bring them the jets to put in or do they have them
When i had my quad jetted at my dealer, i told them what to order and then when it came in they just put it in my quad, so i never saw the jets but new what they had ordered. Works great never had a problem!

Old 01-10-2005, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Rem
Originally posted by: Specta
"but it runs really nicely....."

Sounds like you got a good deal to me. Isn't it great to get what you paid for. They jetted it correctly and it runs great.

You probably paid $25 for them to re-jet your carb, and $70 for knowing how to do it correctly and make it "run really nice......."
do you know anything??? i dont think so... its extremely easy to do it yourself, most of the time you only need to change the main, and mess with the needle. get a manual, and never pay the dealership to do anything for ur quad again...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it me or is this guy picking arguements all over this forum?

Who's the idiot again..argueing over the net?.....wow

How's them Packers doin btw?

Old 01-10-2005, 11:52 PM
Range Rover

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by: Rem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by: Specta
"but it runs really nicely....."

Sounds like you got a good deal to me. Isn't it great to get what you paid for. They jetted it correctly and it runs great.

You probably paid $25 for them to re-jet your carb, and $70 for knowing how to do it correctly and make it "run really nice......."

do you know anything??? i dont think so... its extremely easy to do it yourself, most of the time you only need to change the main, and mess with the needle. get a manual, and never pay the dealership to do anything for ur quad again...

they didnt just swap a main jet and mess with the needle. i had a long list of things that they did so i can assure it wasnt a main jet swap. i think i couldve managed that.

Old 01-11-2005, 12:05 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

Originally posted by: Tyson150
they didnt just swap a main jet and mess with the needle. i had a long list of things that they did so i can assure it wasnt a main jet swap. i think i couldve managed that.
agreed.. i did it myself and only lost 2 bolts... (plastic bolts) but found later in my pocket [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] it took me ( if i wouldn't of had to figure out how to take the thrtoeel cable off ( stil ldon't know how) i woulda been done in prolly 30-45mins) but also i was jsut cleaning my jets.