Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

woods quad... which is best?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 06:33 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default woods quad... which is best?

Hes right, no way in hell a z400 would SMOKE a predator, it may keep up but not killl it,

thanks 7QS7, glad to know someone agrees with me. i am not saying that the Z400 is a bad quad.. im just saying in my opinion i dont like it.. that doesnt mean its not a decent/good bike.. but i just dont care for it... i think the predator has way more to offer for what i am looking for.... i need to get something fast so i can start paying it off LOL... there are a lot of hot heads around here with more money than brains... a couple laps later i make some dough LOL. hopefully anyways. seriously guys thanks for all the info... i have narrowed it down to 2 at the moment.. *i think anyways lol* its either gonna be the TRX450R... or the Predator...

now tell me which of those you would get. and what is the big deal on the TLD predator? i mean cant you just save a little money and get a standard package and re=gear it? just a tought! lata!

Old 02-02-2005, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider

The TLE pred has alot of aftermarket accesories on it right from the dealership! I dipise the TRX450r, now if it had electric start and a few more things it would be alright, its kick start, very annoying, it dont have reverse, I mean u have to have reverse in tough trails u know? and i personally dont like the plastic on it. stock tires suck, just stuff like this!

now the TLE pred has these cool things!

MAXXIS RAZR 2 tires, best tires for trails and MX!
REVERSE for 05' !!!!! yaaa
FOX SHOCKS the best shocks ever put on a quad from the dealer!!!
COOL GRAPHICS!!!! looks mean while the TRX450r LOOKS LIKE A PRANG MANTISE LOL
LOWER GEAR RATIO FOR FASTER ACCELERATION!!!

its just as powerful as the raptor!
VERY WIDE stance so there NO tippiness at all!
eats all its prey!

the TRX looks like a bug to me, i like the Pred cause i can beat everyone on trails and still get on a track and beat everyone LOL

good luck! anymore quaestions just ask!

7qs7

Old 02-02-2005, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider

ONly thing people dont like about it is its 30 lbs heavier than most quads, but really its spread evenly throughout the quad so u dont notice it at all!, go ride one, your bye it the next day LOL

Old 02-02-2005, 07:16 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I simply posted a link to something I thought you guys might be interested in. I in no way said I had an opinion on the thread. You kids believe what you like I gave you info that pertained to your ???. The Z and the EX are the same $$$ or the Z is less in some places. The 05 Z is quicker, has a better suspension, and just is a better quad for the $$$ then the EX. I'll be sure to refrain from answering anymore of your ???, you kids obviously know everything already.

7Q7, we all know the Z450 isn't out yet, figure it out.

Hondaboy, are you referring to me as a hot head with more money than brains?

Old 02-02-2005, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

Na really? i didnt know the 06's were out yet ahh my bad!, the z is everything the EX isnt, Honda thinks they can sell the EX for the same $ because they added reverse, hell no! theyre full of it! This is how it is, stock for stock a Z WILL BEAT a 400ex!!! period!

Old 02-02-2005, 10:03 PM
Trailblazer

personally I would pick the pred over the z400 and the ex. but if it where between the ex and the z400 I also belive the z would beat it in stock and modified trim. the z 400's respond very well to mods from what I hear.

Old 02-02-2005, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

good luck! anymore quaestions just ask!
------------------------------------------------

Yeh I got one... in a PM to me you said your new quad has the iron Cross bumper

Where is that bumper now?

And I'm sure your dad will have a good time on HIS new Predator.

Old 02-02-2005, 10:39 PM
Range Rover

alright... so who cares if a Z400 is a accells faster than a EX? alright... for instance... i raced a 1998 Scrambler 400 2 stroke with my 1993 300EX... i topped out at 50-52 mph... he could run 65mph *yes we have had it that high* and he could accell as fast or close to as fast as i could in 4wd on it. we raced out gravel roads for about 5 miles.... i won... hands down. its not always the weight, the accel, or the fastest bike that wins.. its the bike that is the easiest to ride and its the one your most confortable. i hate the Z400... i have read stuff about the frame cracking and unless you can weld thats not good lol. its just not a good thing at all! i just dont like the overall shape or looks of the bike... to me its just too much money. in the woods you can run just as fast on a 400EX on tight to moderate trails. and if you compare the price difference you can buy a way better 400ex than Z. you could buy an awesome used 400 with a ton of mods on it for the price of a new Z. and hondas are bombproof.. this i do know. you guys can ramble on and on about the Z400... in my book.. you should have spent the extra dough and got a 450 or higher. they arent gonna have that much power either. my suzuki DRZ400S has 40hp.. and it weighs about the same as the Z400... and its not that fast in my opinion. it needs a full pipe, jet kit, and some other things to make it truly "a fast bike" and i KNOW i could beat a Z400 on my DRZ. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-02-2005, 11:20 PM
Trailblazer

I have a 400ex with e series slip on and k&n, it ran right next to a z with just a yoshi slip on, start to finish side by side, if i were u, i would go out and buy a used ex for about 3500, get a slip on maybe a filter and besides the reverse, you wont even see any difference between the 2, and they are both about the same in the woods too, personally i like the ex better there cause it feels more stable and lower to the ground, but for the money, id take the ex any day

Old 02-02-2005, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my opinion the ex is no where close to the z in any category i have friends that have the z and others with the ex and it takes more than a simple pipe for an ex to run with a stock z. As for which quad you should get it would be between the z and the pred, i would have to give the edge to the pred now that it has reverse.

Quick Reply: woods quad... which is best?