Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

450r owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450r owners

My buddy has a 450r can't stay with me but he has a black one and has the HRC kit and it doesn't scratch very much. Pluse he nvr rides where it can get scrathed just has some scratches where sand hit it

Old 03-02-2005, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default 450r owners

u will get more from the kit then just a pipe. i hope a 450r with just the hrc dosent beat u yfzracer

Old 03-02-2005, 10:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 450r owners

Thanks for all of the help. I can't wait until friday after school. YFZ owner i hope you can beat a R with all of the money you have invested. I'll race you on a track and maybe that will be a little closer. I have owned a 400ex for 5 years and I am keeping that also. Will I be able to tell a big power difference between the 2? My ex is pretty much stock. I got to stop talking about this because I am getting so excited, by the way that price of 5499 is the total not counting the kit. I am getting it from Abernathys in UNion City tennessee, they supposebly have the lowest prices in America, here is a link. http://www.abernathycycles.com

Old 03-02-2005, 10:28 PM
Range Rover
Default 450r owners

Read yfz's list of mods. It sounds a bit made up or from someone who does not speak very good English. It doesnt read like someone who has actually done these mods. Most people list every item and brand. Also not many people have Ron Wood do their motor and then run a Duncan pipe. Just an observation.

This isnt an arguement but a disagreement..................The power you gain from the HRC kit will effect the mid to top mostly. A pipe will generally effect the entire powercurve. Also w/o a good pipe the HRC kit is being held back( unable to breath) IMO both mods are going to net nearly the same amount of power, I feel a good pipe will net a bit more.

The big power limiter is the head, low compression, cam and valve setup on the 450r. It leaves a large room for improvement. If you do not address the cam you will be very limited in your power. The head benefits greatly from a good flow and valve job. This has been done to many 450's and all show excellent resultsboth on a dyno and seat of the pants. And these motors love high compression 13:1 is a good area.

See this is the benefit to the R over the YFZ. The Yammi already has a killer valve setup, higher compression, higher rev limit, and a good flow area. Not to mention the header supposedly is hard to improve on.

TIFWIW. In the end we all end up with what we consider to be the best setup. Some of just put more money into our quads than others.

Old 03-02-2005, 11:11 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 450r owners

I agree with speedbump, his list reads like a magazine article. Most people who have "wider a-arms and axle" and "aftermarket shocks" are pretty proud and list what brand names they've spent too much on[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-03-2005, 12:23 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?
Default 450r owners

Yeah and if I talk about my bore I'll tell you what size??? Oh and I was thinking about a wider FRONT axle.

Old 03-03-2005, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default 450r owners

IM sorry im not like everybuddy else. Writing things that i have done to my TOYS so called "corectly" nver knew there was a corect way to say things. And yes i have gone to racing buggies instead of quads bc theres nothing to compare to me the bomb. ds 650 stage 3's just bogg em down and the banshees just cut out the 450's are geared to tall even when u do try and gear em down. I race quads alot but its never realy a race.

Old 03-04-2005, 12:21 PM
Range Rover
Default 450r owners

YFZ, read your post. It does not make any sense, not even a tiny little bit. It is very easy to see that your a kid, trying to come off as an adult who knows something about quads. Banshees cut out.......WTF are you talking about, the top end of a banshee is insane, especially when built. Ds 650s bogg..........again you have no idea of what your talking about. They may not be the fastest drag machine but their torque is unbelievable.

The only semi accurate statement in your post is that the 450r is geared a bit to tall. Simply changing out to a 13 tooth front will change all of that.

Old 03-05-2005, 03:02 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default 450r owners

Just got my new 450 today and all i can say is wow!!!!! I could not beleive the gobs of torque it has. I knew it would be faster than the 400ex but not as much as it is. I have an hrc kit installed so maybe that is why it feels so fast. After riding the 450 all night I have now decided that i will never ever read a dirt wheels ever again. Everything they said bad about the 450 is not true. They say it is slacking power, they are biased as can be!!!! I could not beleive all of the complaints they had about it that weren't true. My buddy brought over his yami 450 and rode mine and was very very impressed. The kick start well lets just say my mom fired it up first try, and the first gear while it is tall this suits my riding style very well. Great quad!!

Old 03-05-2005, 12:06 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts
Default 450r owners

smokin400, wait till you get more seat time, you will love it even more!

Quick Reply: 450r owners