Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Oil change during warranty period?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 10:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil change during warranty period?

This is distressing how could a dealership believe that by lies and intimidating customers; is the path to improve profits and gained market share? I can’t think of a greater opportunity than to build customer relationships and add value by routine maintenance such as oil/filter changes. Customers understand that a business must make a fair and reasonable return on their investment. A dealer needs to be a customer advocate on warranty issues not an obstruction.

Shonk

Old 03-13-2005, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with you in theory. It should be that way. In the real world sometimes it's harder than that, and I am in no way defending the UT dealership for spreading misinformation about warranties. I have no problem going to bat for a customer that's honest, takes care of their machine reasonably, and has a legitimate issue. That carries a lot of "weight" with me. On the other hand if the customer abuses or neglects their machine, and especially if they then try to lie about it, sometimes it makes it hard to see things their way.

Old 03-13-2005, 04:18 PM
Pro Rider

I am confused why would you not agree in practice. In the real world if you perform the require maintenance and you have the documents your covered in most states that’s the law. If you abuse and neglect your not. If the customer were a liar I wouldn’t expect anybody to see things their way. Interesting how we jump to abusive, neglectful, lying, customers.

Shonk

Old 03-13-2005, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, LOL...I don't see where we disagree then. You know, most of my customers are about as nice a people as you could meet, and are totally reasonable. But there's always a few in the crowd that aren't, and they tend to be the ones that stick out in memory. It can "jade" you after awhile, and that's a bad trap to fall into in the retail business. I guess I just try to be honest and tactful to both customers and the mfg. reps who authorize questionable warranty repairs. I've had pretty good luck with that policy.

Old 03-13-2005, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider

I wish your branch was closer

Have a great year!!

Shonk