Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

k&n vs uni vs other?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default k&n vs uni vs other?

Originally posted by: yamaharaptor350
foams are prolly better for dust... i think there really made to wash your ***** with... go with K&N
lol

Old 03-16-2005, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider

One thing about foam is if you crash and bleed all over the place you can take the foam to wipe the blood off your quad.

Old 03-16-2005, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ixRAZORxi
One thing about foam is if you crash and bleed all over the place you can take the foam to wipe the blood off your quad.
haha thats a good one to

Old 03-17-2005, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can tell a tale of Hondas and air filter useage, after prolonged use and driveability problems, but I will spare the details and put in my 2 ¢ worth.

Use the UNI !!

----- Gimpster -----

Old 03-17-2005, 02:42 AM
Quad Patrol

We run k&n's ride in dust, sand and mud[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Never had a problem with them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Easy maintenance[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Had a foam filter once, didn't care for it. What a mess to clean and re-oil. k&n, IMO is so much easier to use[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Whatever you use, just follow the manufacter's recommendations, for taking care of it. Ride Safely[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-17-2005, 02:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whatever you use, just follow the manufacter's recommendations, for taking care of it. Ride Safely
that is the key .... good post

----- Gimpster -----

Old 03-17-2005, 03:12 AM
Trailblazer

Okay, so it's apparent that if you run K&N in dusty conditions that you will get some small dirt/dust into the engine, now, for those of you who have experienced this, can you say that if you run a outerwear cover on your K&N that it will filter ALL of the dust and keep it from getting in your engine? If that's the case, and you can filter all the harmful materials out of your engine with the K&N + Cover, would you still go with that setup over a UNI?? Thanks.

Old 03-17-2005, 03:18 AM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

K&N filters actually work better if you let em get a lil dirty. you should always use and outerwear with them and When you washe them OIL THEM with k&n Filter oil. I have had them on every vehicle i own with 4 wheels and never had a problem. I run my truck allotta miles on Dusty loggin roads following other vehicles and it has a K&N withouterear i wash it at the begining of the wet season. same with my quad. leave em both all summer. trucks got 150k miles runs perfect and dont burn a drop of oil, cant say much for my clutch n tranny though. grrr. I had a geo metro that i rallied and drove and it had a k&n and i put 300k miles on that car and it didnt burn a drop of oil. Allotta miles in the woods flyin down loggin roads. veeeeryyy dusty. they work good for me. people who have problems with em dont maintain them properly. but its all about what you preferr. i aint into filter maintaince so i dont use foam and i had too many buddys get chicks pregnant tryin to use the foam so NO FOAM for me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-17-2005, 03:20 AM
Pro Rider

Its hard to say. Even with a good foam filter if you oil it wrong it will not filter fine dust out.

I should note that when I first tested k&n the outerwears did not exist.

Old 03-17-2005, 10:31 AM
Trailblazer

Conclusion:
Run whatever makes you happy!!!!!!!!!!