Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

why did you choose honda?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005 | 04:00 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default why did you choose honda?

Red,
Calling YOU an idiot,would be an insult to stupid people.

Old 04-04-2005 | 09:51 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

LOL, I can see Muddy4Life is still making friends, I mean come on man, why do you choose to jump in and take a jab at Honda every chance you get? Grow up, we all ride, it doesn't matter what, I'll ride anyhing and have a good time with any rider.

While Im not going to get into another pi$$ing match here, I would like to ask DesertViper about his choice in the 450 dirtbikes. You said you wanted always pick the best machine, well what about the CRF450, that bike has taken leaps and bounds over the competition and even pro riders admit that if you follow. Just curious is all.

Old 04-04-2005 | 10:32 AM
Pro Rider

Hi Motox26,
I did not want a 450 dirt bike, so the choice was between the YZ and the CR. The YZ had a much better engine.

Old 04-04-2005 | 10:46 AM
TIC
Pro Rider

1. I chose honda because they gave me a better trade in $$$$ on my Yamaha Vstar 1100,

2. The same honda dealer will also bring the atv to your home up to 50 miles away.

3. And the shop was first rate and very clean.

These were the true reasons, prior to this I hardly even read about, knew about or even rode on an atv until I was 32. So I had no idea how brand loyal people were until I came here They the brands and models were all the same to me.

Old 04-04-2005 | 11:04 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.

[I'll tell you what you WANT to hear.]

Nope, not at all. What everyone wanted to hear was "why did you choose honda?". Maybe you could have posted why you originally bought your Rincon, not why you sold it and bought something else. That thread would have been titled "why did you sell your Honda and buy something else?".

Theres one in every crowd.

Old 04-04-2005 | 11:16 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

DesertViper, my bad man, I thought you had 2 YZF 450 dirtbikes. That is why I asked why you chose those, which I guess you didn't.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 04-04-2005 | 11:20 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

M4L
You're so witty, you put us all to shame!

Old 04-04-2005 | 12:21 PM
Trailblazer

I just bought my first ATV last week, so I have no brand loyalty what-so-ever. Ideally, I wanted a 350 or bigger 4x4 with in/out 4-wheel drive. I looked at everything from Polaris to Arctic Cat to Suzuki to Yahama to Honda. Polaris was too expensive. Arctic Cat (which I believe are great ATV's) offered a 400 and 500 4x4. The 400 was decently priced, but I found an '04 Foreman for a little less, and the 500 was a little more than I was willing to pay. I thought about a Suzuki Eiger, but I've never known anyone that actually had one. It pretty much came down to an '05 Rancher ES 4X4 ($4300), an '04 Foreman ($5,099), and an '05 Yahama Big Bear 4X4 (listed at $5,199, could have probably got it for less than $5,000).

The Rancher was a full time 4X4, which I didn't want, and, for $800 more I could get the Foreman. So it was betweek the Big Bear and the Foreman. The Foreman was bigger (433cc) than the Big Bear (388cc), so that made me lean toward the Foreman. But, I could probably save a few hundred dollars, and get a newer year-model if I got the Big Bear. Well, I asked around, and EVERYONE I talked to suggested I go with a Honda. Even my dad, who owns an Arctic Cat, told me to go with a Honda. A friend of mine who has a Foreman told me that he's drove his through water deep enough that it started floating, and still kept running. I also have a few friends that have Hondas that are 10 years old, and they still run like new. So, having spent a week and probably 20+ hours going over the specs of various ATV's, reading reviews for the dozen or so models I was looking at, and talking to people who'd owned Honda's, Arctic Cat, and Yahama, I ultimately decided on an '04 Foreman. I've had it in water up to the headlights and thick claylike mud up to my knees, and I've yet to be disappointed. Yes, I've gotten stuck a few times, but the mud I was going through, I doubt even the biggest baddest ATV with the best mud tires money can buy could've made it through.

Old 04-04-2005 | 01:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

WHY did I buy my Rincon?

Because I was tired of the bad experiences I had with the clutches on the two brand new Polaris belt drives I owned..There was allways something wrong with either Polaris I owned,and the clutcing issue were endless.

The Rubicons tranny did not impress me in the least bit,so when honda introduced the fluid/torque converter type tranny on their Honda Rincon,I thought,wow,this quads tranny should last forever.

What I did'nt really expect was poor engine braking,leaky front drum style brakes,a poor quality low end.

I put up with no locker and no adjustable shocks,but the poor low end,no front locking diff and leaky drums?It just got to be to much for me to tolerate in the end.

Old 04-04-2005 | 02:04 PM
Range Rover

i choose to ride honda because of the low maintance.....dont get me wrong i do the routine maintance probably more often than most.....i have worked on all brands and would buy anything if the price is right... and do....if youve looked at my pics out of all those atv the 400ex and john deere lawn mower are the most reliable...just my 2cents