Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

400EX vs ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2000, 11:59 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to agree. My 400ex is stock besides tires and nerfs. I can beat just about everything on a racetrack. I just keep the damn thing pinned and hold on. I have blown out my front shocks 3 times. I also had a few other little things. But i would never trade my 400ex for anything but a 250r. But i still just might keep the 4 stroke.

Old 10-06-2000, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider

Don't go blaming your own screw-ups on poor craftsmanship. At least I can admit that it was my own fault that my A-arm bent.. you can't expect the quad to hold up to landing any and every jump at every bad angle imagineable. Tell me BUBBAG, you say the 400ex is weak and poorly built, but compared to what? A D8 bulldozer?? Can you name one sport quad that will hold up to the abuse that you call sport riding? Do you really think that a 'sport quad' is supposed to land 50' doubles and take MX related abuse right off the showroom floor?? Pull your head out. And don't go spreading misinformation.

Old 10-06-2000, 10:41 AM
Pro Rider

That must be the only way you afford to ride, daddy's deep pockets. I do not race right now, getting too old, however, I have in the past and the guys casing the big jumps every lap were not holding the trophy with the good looking girl at the end. So, give it a little more umph to land on the down side of the doubles or single them and you'd probably go faster anyway. Point is, the quad is reliable. PERIOD.

Old 10-06-2000, 02:18 PM
Trailblazer

they all have to be dumb if they like heavy quads with a rubber band for the drive single lever brakeing floor boreds auto shift whats up with that?? its a jeep with handle bars only jeeps don t fall apart every other day lol
BAD!! 86 trx 250R
RIDE RED OR RIDE HOME!!!!!

Old 10-06-2000, 04:07 PM
Trailblazer

a new 125 will Out power the ex by about 4 horsepower, and weighs a good chunk less, in a drag race, provided the bike is in agood state of tune and nothing broken, the 125 should win. In Tight stuff however you should have an advantage as the 125 has NO lowend at all.

Old 10-06-2000, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider

Yup we are all dumb. You got it hit it right on the nail. wow that is why I have only been able to obtain a college degree, get paid to work on a computer , so much as though to be able to take in cash and buy 7000 dollars atv's. Yeah boy I am really dumb. wow if i get any dumber i might have to dig into my fun checkbook and buy another one the balance is gettign rather high, yup I am so dumb that I actually have an account at my bank called the fun book, were i keep money for play. Dumb people really get to live it up. I would rather be dumb and live like I do than Drive a Honda and have to beg mommy and daddy for money for all the huge ammount of hop-ups you guys seem to need to make them run right.

Old 10-06-2000, 06:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

run right? oh ok...... you mean run liked a raped ape... now lets think about this... didnt this polaris guy just say he gets paid to sit at a computer? wow real strenous job, now i know who polaris makes the automatics for, ppl who work at computers. Polaris's are piles, if you beg to differ ask a friend of mine who broke the A-arm on his mag500 three times because of a cotter pin!! Then right after that the differential was stripped out of the rear end... QUALITY!! yep....... wow, i would pay 7 G's on a quad and not put any maintence in it then buy a 6000 dollar quad and put 3000 dollars of maintence in it..... get a honda.....

Old 10-06-2000, 08:42 PM
Trailblazer

xepathfinder: either you are some liar 12 year old, or extremely immature for your age...

tough computer guy bashing prands...... HMMMMMMMM..... get outta here, moron

Old 10-06-2000, 08:51 PM
Trailblazer

Daddy's deep pockets huh? lol...dude if you only knew...im well out of my daddys house,and have had a job since i was 15, im now 23...i have over 6 grand in signature loans on this bike alone in MY NAME...i pay....and ride? i challenge you or anyone on this planet to a freeride, anyday.....i would say race, but im too out of shape rite now....as far as the bike, yeah, its a good bike, but it sucks as stock...why would i lie, i ride a honda....and bottom line, honda is cutting corners to save a dollar and sacrificing craftsmanship......

Old 10-06-2000, 08:59 PM
Trailblazer

COMPARED TO THE 250R, AND BY THE WAY, HOW WOULD YOU KNOW ANYTHING BOUT CRAFTSMANSHIP AND RELIABILITY, YOU DRIVE A FORD! ! ! ! HAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quick Reply: 400EX vs ?