Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Compulsive Cleaning Complex (aka 3C)

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2000, 11:55 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought I would ask this question. How many of you guys wash, detail, then Armour-All your ATV's just to take them out the next day in the mud? I think I have washed my Foreman so many times the plastic is goin to wear out, not too mention the Armour All on the tires. Im just hoping this cleaning complex will wear off cause my wife gonna think Im becoming a clean freak (which will lead to more house chores)
Am I the only one?!

Later

Old 10-05-2000, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no You are not the only one. 3 guys in my riding froup clean and wash our bikes after every ride. When we pull into a pit all the other guys say wow you must not ride this bike much. They also ask my friend Gumby did he just put the new pipes on his banshee. He had them on there for 2 yrs. The way i look at it you take care of a good investment it will treat you right.

Old 10-05-2000, 01:12 PM
Trailblazer

Not only do I stop on the way home and spray it off in a car wash, I also then spend at least 3-4 hours washing it when I get home. And I normally once a year completely remove the plastics and get to all the places you can’t with them on.

I have owned three Honda fourwheelers (300TRX, 450sTRX, Rubicon)and starting from the first one ($3600 new) to the last one ($7000 new) I have come to realize that these are expensive investments. I take care of these better than I take care of my Jeep. Besides, doesn’t a clean fourwheeler run better?!?!?

When they are clean, it is much easier (and sometime the only way) to spot problems. I would love to find a way to clean the plastics and remove the fine scratches the show up after riding through the woods.

So no, I don’t think you will be able to break the cleaning curse that has falling upon you.

Ride and ride often

Schtick

Old 10-05-2000, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider

I seem to go through phases on this topic, there will be times when I constantly wash, but then there are times when I like to see my Orange Rancher covered in mud.

Now, however, I will probably not wash it again with soaps and ArmourAll until after deer season are over.

Old 10-06-2000, 06:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm the same way as the rest of you. I land up cleaning it after a day of riding, I have a thing about seeing my atv nice and clean waiting to be ridden another day. What I'm trying to find out though if anyone knows a good plastic polish/cleaner that might help get some of those small scratches out. Also what's the best way to remove the plastic rivets that hold the plastic body on.

Old 10-06-2000, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider

i normally once i week really scrub it up.

And always spray it off after every ride, unless its just dusty.

Mud hanging off everything can't be good for the bike!