Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450r vs. banshee

stock for stock what wou willl win
and what abou modified

Old 05-13-2005, 09:09 AM
Pro Rider
Default 450r vs. banshee

Stock for stock the 450r would win. A properly modded banshee with just bolt ons would smoke the 450r with just bolt ons, and everything else.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-13-2005, 10:02 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 450r vs. banshee

Who cares? No matter how fast the Banshee can go, the ride is pretty terrible. Sure they go fast, but what is the sense in a fast machine that has poor suspension? Banshees are from another generation. In their day they were ok, because that was one of the only choice you had for a high performance machine. By todays standards though, they just don't cut it. Good thing they are going to be discontinued.

Most of the oldtimers I ride desert with are on ageing Shees. If you want to beat a Banshee, just take them out in some whoops!

Old 05-13-2005, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider
Default 450r vs. banshee

Originally posted by: reconranger
Who cares? No matter how fast the Banshee can go, the ride is pretty terrible. Sure they go fast, but what is the sense in a fast machine that has poor suspension? Banshees are from another generation. In their day they were ok, because that was one of the only choice you had for a high performance machine. By todays standards though, they just don't cut it. Good thing they are going to be discontinued.

Most of the oldtimers I ride desert with are on ageing Shees. If you want to beat a Banshee, just take them out in some whoops!

From this comment it sounds like you are always behind a Banshee, too bad...

Old 05-13-2005, 01:17 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default 450r vs. banshee

Funny, the banshees around here do pretty well in the whoops.

Every banshee thread I see you keep saying you are glad they are being discontinued. As the oldest atv still in production, they have and do sell better than most other sport quads. The 250R has been out of production for about 15 years now and up until a very short time ago they were still the #1 choice for racers in many different atv sports. The banshee is still the best dune and straight line bike there is and they have a lot of abilities in open trails and desert riding. Just because you have a hard-on for your Hondas doesnt mean everything else is junk.

Old 05-13-2005, 02:05 PM
Red Rider
Default 450r vs. banshee

Hey, got to warn anybody thinking about bying one. Nothing else would be honest!

Old 05-13-2005, 03:32 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 450r vs. banshee

I don't do this much but I am going to have to disagree with you recon.

While I don't think the Banshee is close to being as good "performance" wise all the way around, It does have something that should be most important, and that is the fun factor. They are fun because they are different. I personally wouldn't want one as primary bike, but I would consider it to be my secondary bike. And they will do anything anyways, you just need to be a little bit better rider to conquer some harder challenges on the twin 2-smoke. IMO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I do think they are way overpriced New tho.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 05-13-2005, 03:45 PM
Red Rider
Default 450r vs. banshee

The way the forum works is, I say it is a mistake to buy something, and somebody else says it is the greatest thing in the world. That's how the prospective buyers get lots of different opinions that will help them make an educated decision.

Why if someone says something negative about a bike is that always regarded as bashing? Sure, a "basher" might be wrong, but why when someone says something positive about a bike (when they could be just as wrong), isn't that a form of "bashing" as well? Either one decieves the prospective buyer into purchasing (or not purchasing) a bad (or good) machine.

Bashing is only "bashing" when the intent is to misrepresent your opinion as well informed, when it is not. As for me, I am going to call a spade a spade (or maybe a Polaris) whenever I see one.

You can bet that every Banshee rider that I know would trade it in a minuge for a 450R. Thing is, they are to old and lazy to spend the money to go out and buy one, even though most of them could easily afford one.

Old 05-13-2005, 03:51 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 450r vs. banshee

Well I hope that post wasn't directed toward me, cause I agree with ya on the "basher". I dont think you bash, you state your opinion and observations about a machine, I stated mine which was different for once. If I thought you were bashing I would be a smartarse right now while laughing.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-13-2005, 04:05 PM
Red Rider
Default 450r vs. banshee

With the Shee, the price you pay for that thrilling 2-stroke powerband, is a frame that doesn't handle very well. (It didn't handle very well 15 years ago, but back then we didn't know the difference!) If one is willing to make that tradeoff, then that is great, as long as they know up front that that is the price you will have to pay.

It scares me every time I think about how close I came to buying a Shee 15 years ago. Instead, I bought a Warrior, which is even worse! Should have bought the 250R!

Quick Reply: 450r vs. banshee