cr80 vs 660raptor

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 11:05 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default cr80 vs 660raptor

Originally posted by: motox26 I can see A YZ125 beating a yfz450 in a drag if it was really raped on.
Up a sand dune? No way motox. Maybe in the flats.

Old 06-15-2005, 11:22 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: Raptorlegs
Originally posted by: motox26 I can see A YZ125 beating a yfz450 in a drag if it was really raped on.
Up a sand dune? No way motox. Maybe in the flats.

That is why I said I can see, I don't have dune experience so I can't say one way or the other. Im talking more on dirt or even asphalt. Wich in that case, I can really see a 125 beating a 450, actually I see it all the time at Haspin. But I will say the 450 quad ain't to far behind it.

Old 06-15-2005, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: bl4cksh337
ok il answer your damn questions. I have been riding since '99. I am 15. And im only on a blaster because of finanacial reasons @sshole. If you wanna make fun of me for that then you can. I had to start out somewhere anyways. Ok and i watched a yz125modded SMOKE a yfz450 up a 200ft+ sand dune hill at butterbup and it was the biggest one they had. I can understand you have beat dirtbikes with your quads and i didnt say it was inpossible at all. And those 125 with their tiny no torque pistons smoke banshees everyday. And dude those damn quadzillas have awsome power to weight just like those tiny no powered small motorcross bikes. We can argue this everyday forever but why dont you just wait till dune season and take your banshee out against a modded yz250. And sense you obviously the **** why dont you take you quadzilla against a kx500 because i wanna see how many 100's of ft you smoke him by. And that blaster remark in the beginning was a very cheap shot you @sshole I wanna know how old you are and what you started riding on. And what type of job you have sense your obviously a millionair and ride everyday and beat the hell out of dirtbikes and just wont admit if they had the same amount of money into their machine as yours that they would smoke you. Your a damn fool.

Well, first off let me say dont call me no damn fool. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I didnt mean to make you all pissy about the blaster comment dude... I only meant that since you are on a blaster, you are probably somewhat young. (and I was right)
Blaster is a good little machine, and I never knock them.
I am 25 years old. Most of the bikes I listed are from the past, sold and moved on. My current bikes are my 97 Banshee, 93 KX500, and I have a 2001 Honda RVT1000R. (streetbike) Your finantial comments: I am actually unemployed and getting trained to fly helicopters. I am far from rich. My bikes and stuff have been from good finantial decisions from my past. (they are all paid off)
I never post information in this forum that is false, I never say something that I know isnt true, or is a lie. (in this forum anyway haha) Im not brand loyal, (I have a yam, kaw, and hond currently) I dont ride everyday. These days with my new little 5 month old son, I am at home taking care of him. I havnt had the oppertunity to ride in over 2 months.

As far as what I started on, ill tell ya. When I was young (14) I was on my brothers 88 250R. Although not very much. I then got an old POS 1980 Honda Odyssey.
Air Cooled 250 2 stroke, automatic. After that, when I started driving I got myself a 1985 Honda CR125. The rest is history. In 2001, I bought a brand new 400EX,
sold it, then later I bought a 350X 3 wheeler, then got another 99 400EX, built it to a 440, bought a little 200X, at one point I sold them, got a QuadZilla, built it, (port polish, bored carb, high compression, barnett race clutch, ect ect It wasnt THAT fast though!) ****, what next, umm, I got myself an 86 250R, Got myself my Banshee, and KX500, (FAST) All this doesnt include my streetbikes, BTW. Ive had a few of those.
Ive also built and lifted a few Toyota trucks. I JUST sold a 2000 Honda S2000, before that I had a 1990 300ZX Twin Turbo, Ive had an older 91 MR2, 94 Miata, Couple of Toyota 4X4's, Currently I have a F150 4X4 V8, and (both mine and my womans) have a 97 Toyota 4runner 4X4.

OK SO THERE... you know something about me. I have quite a bit of experience in these types of things. BTW, I cant believe I forgot this. I live 2 1/2 hours away from Glamis, 3 hours away from Dumont, (HUGE) and 4 1/2 hours away from Pismo. I know dunes as well as ANYBODY. Ive duned, dragged, raced, I have video of races, dude Ive done and seen it all and all kinds of races. So, my opinions are not biased. They are based on my experiences.

To the guy who doubted the 250 Race. (motoX26) This is what happend. I just had finished rebuilding my LT500 for the billionth time. Took it for its maiden voyage with my buddie kevin on his 1997 (I think, it has alum frame) Honda CR250. After about 20 minutes of playing and tryin to break in the 500, we lined up on a pavement strip.
I walked him. We were even until my 3rd gear or so, then I walked away. After that hard run, we headed home, and on that ride home (about a mile) my motor popped.
We found a wrist pin washer/spacer chewed up in the motor, and it destroyed everything. I have pictures of everything uppon request!

bl4cksh337: Stop getting all pissed. Im telling my experiences. My buddie Ron has a KX125. Few months ago at dumont, I rode it. Sure, it whines out and screams like a biotch, but it doesnt move very well. It literally would not make it up the face of comp hill. At all. Not half way. It just doesnt have the power. (for comparison purposes, any 450, bike or quad would absolutely FLY up comp hill dumont)

For another comparison, I once raced my old 85CR125 with my brother on my new 2001 400EX on dirt. It was side by side.

For pictures of some of my old stuff, Click here

Old 06-15-2005, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

I just updated my yahoo photo account with various pictures of my past bikes/trucks/cars. So click on the link above in my last post and click on the black miata that says
"past stuff" or whatever.

Old 06-15-2005, 04:11 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

I know one thing for 100% sure, with a 125 built at least in the last 10 years, a 400ex will NOT even come close dude. I don't know much about 80's bikes, so I won't say nothing about your race, but there is NO WAY a 400ex is going to even come close to a modern day 125 on dirt unless it has some really, really good mods. Or the rider sux.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 06-15-2005, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider

Yea, I think the old 1-2-5 was a bit underpowered by todays 125 standards. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-15-2005, 04:46 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

Just checkin to make sure you weren't hitting the crack pipe [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-15-2005, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

sorry but i was just so pissed off that you basically were trying to tell me that i didnt see the 125 smoke the 450. I mean come on dude i saw it you cant really argue that. And man were they good riders. You can tell when they can wheely in 3rd going down a sand dune with a whole bunch of tracks in it. They were wheelying up the whole sand dune while smoking they 450 although ya it was a smaller hill. I truly believe that a 125 that stays in the powerband pinned can climb up almost any hill. I argue about the dirtbikes so much because im getting one. And the reason being that i dont want to get a 4-stroke and my dad wouldnt let me get a 2-stroke quad for future problems that might come which i think is bs. So i had to get a dirtbike and those dirtbikes smoking that 450 made my decision.

Old 06-15-2005, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bl4cksh337
sorry but i was just so pissed off that you basically were trying to tell me that i didnt see the 125 smoke the 450. I mean come on dude i saw it you cant really argue that. And man were they good riders. You can tell when they can wheely in 3rd going down a sand dune with a whole bunch of tracks in it. They were wheelying up the whole sand dune while smoking they 450 although ya it was a smaller hill. I truly believe that a 125 that stays in the powerband pinned can climb up almost any hill. I argue about the dirtbikes so much because im getting one. And the reason being that i dont want to get a 4-stroke and my dad wouldnt let me get a 2-stroke quad for future problems that might come which i think is bs. So i had to get a dirtbike and those dirtbikes smoking that 450 made my decision.
are you talking about a 125 in the sand going up any hill? or just a regular dirt hill?

Old 06-15-2005, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider

He is referring to a sand dune hill.

In which case I just cannot understand what he is talking about. It must have been a 250 he saw.

(dude im not being a jerk, Im just trying to understand how a 125 dirtbike was hanging with a yfz450 up a sand dune)

You have to understand that I am assuming that the 450 had paddles as it should have. They are just too fast up a dune with paddles for any 125
to keep up or beat them. (even if the 125 had a paddle too)

You have to be mistaken about it being a 125. I am a glamis junkie. I am certain a 125 could not hang with a 450 up any dune. (both equipt with paddles)

Quick Reply: cr80 vs 660raptor