Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Crank Bearing Help Fast!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 12:15 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crank Bearing Help Fast!

Okay guys...I need a crank bearing for my 426 by friday. So far, no good. I am gonna be checking a few honda dealers today but its doubtful...

I have one question though...if I match it up at a bearing distributor place, should it be just as good as OEM? I figure itll always be under constant lubrication and it won't get dirty...I just need to know if I could trust one from a bearing place....I'm also going to see if my honda dealer can overnight one to me....I just need some opinions and some help here guys...

Thanks!

-Justin

Old 06-09-2005, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

here's the deal-

HONDA probably has them made by an outside company and just puts it in the honda box. If you could use the number off your old bearing and bring it to a bearing place they might find have an exact replacement for ya, and i think you'd be fine.

Old 06-09-2005, 01:30 PM
Trailblazer

be carful with that.... that bearing is a huge part of your engine... you wouldnt want it to fail and do more damage!!!!!! make sure it is EXACTLY the same number

Old 06-09-2005, 01:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have purchased Both Yamaha and Honda engine bearings at carquest and Napa. They have been about 1/4 the price of a dealer and there were EXACTLY the same bearing.....

Old 06-09-2005, 01:54 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: ThrashAndCrashUntilItsTrash
I have purchased Both Yamaha and Honda engine bearings at carquest and Napa. They have been about 1/4 the price of a dealer and there were EXACTLY the same bearing.....
yes...but we're they crank bearings?..that is what I am worried about. I think I'll be fine though.

Old 06-09-2005, 01:55 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

If you take the bearing to a bearing supply house they will give you the exact spec bearing for about 1/3 the price. And it will be equal to or better than oem. I almost never get my bearings from the dealer, except in rare situations when the bearing was a real special item.

Old 06-09-2005, 01:57 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
If you take the bearing to a bearing supply house they will give you the exact spec bearing for about 1/3 the price. And it will be equal to or better than oem. I almost never get my bearings from the dealer, except in rare situations when the bearing was a real special item.

That would be good...because brand new these babies are 50 bucks a piece. Service Honda didn't have them...I guess thats just not a common item that some one would ask for but the bearing itself must be pretty common.

-Justin

Old 06-09-2005, 02:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Jman68
Originally posted by: ThrashAndCrashUntilItsTrash
yes...but we're they crank bearings?..that is what I am worried about. I think I'll be fine though.

On my bike I did get 1 crank bearing.........the exact # came with the plastic seals in it, just had to pop them out with a pocket screwdriver, and good to go!

Old 06-09-2005, 02:14 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: Jman68

That would be good...because brand new these babies are 50 bucks a piece. Service Honda didn't have them...I guess thats just not a common item that some one would ask for but the bearing itself must be pretty common.

-Justin
When I rebuilt my cr 500 about 4 yrs ago I needed a couple bearings for the tranny and new crank bearings. Dealer for crank bearings around $60.00 ea. supply house around $25.00. I have had good experiences with service honda before. The first place I call for oem parts, 2nd is planet honda.