Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

"POLL" Whats the Best utility ATV out there?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 09:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "POLL" Whats the Best utility ATV out there?!

Originally posted by: mudblaster
honda is better then the polaris.
polaris are to heavy and suck on tight trails.
and i think he dosent know what hes talking about when it comes to hondas.
I dont think Honda sucks and i do not agree with what KING4X4 said but I do think you have some learning to do and dont know what your talking about when you say Honda is "better" than Polaris. They both have there up's and downs and just because you own a Honda doesnt mean its better than everything else.

not trying to start any wars here just adding my $.02

Old 07-14-2005, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

Im reserving judgement untill I get seat time on the Traxter 800

Old 07-14-2005, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

Outlander. My bad. This probably would be a better question to post in the utility section.

Old 07-15-2005, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

i did not say handa sucks !!! i like some of there atvs i wish they had true 4x4 not 3x4
i ride with a guy whos has a rincon its ok Butt once it hits water it dies he
had a 350 rancher it did the same thing ........... all atv have there days but i like
POLARIS there made right here in minnesota i i also have a polaris snowmobile
love it

Yes Polaris r not lite but there powerful

i will tell one thing if honda wants to sell more atvs they need mor IRS atvs
That rancher road so ruff that i did not have a back !!!

Old 07-15-2005, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider

sorry about the mis hap!! no matter what we ride we have to work together to keep are
trails open. Its gettin bad here in minnesota some poeple want to shut us down and have polaris
has helped ans AC and atvam

thanks again lots ride

Old 07-15-2005, 09:09 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Catterman
Originally posted by: PETE16
Youv've got to be kidding right?
highest ground clearence = most unstable and tippy
biggest rack capacity? ....that's just AC's very generous rating. If you really load the racks up on the AC with it's IRS and long travel it will squat like a bloated mule with PMS. IRS is a hinderence for utility, and the axels would be tore into several pieces after a short period of time of heavy pulling. I'm positive most guys experienced with utility atv's and heavy work will agree that the AC is a poor choice for many reasons. Nothing will stand up to years of hard work, abuse, and even poor maintenance like a Honda, even most guys who dislike Honda still admit that much.
Oh my gosh, what's your problem man. The freeken question is "POLL Whats the Best utility ATV out there?!"

You obviously never have never even seen an Arctic Cat. First off, the size of the rack is a lot larger then other ATV's, allowing for more things to be put on there, they also have attachments to add for extra
gear.
I live in Alaska, and we have many mountains up here. Now does my Cat have a higher center of gravity then the old TRX200, yes. However it will go where ever I want it to. It is not like I come to a mountan and say "well, this one is steep, better get on the Honda!" Give me a break man. You also have never seen the IRS setup. It is adjustable and you can get that thing so tight that it won't squat at all. I have towed around 21'+ boats with 225hp engines and my suspension was no hinderence and I never broke an axel doing it either. But I guess you know more about that then me with all your experience on them huh.

I am by no means bashing your precious Honda, or saying it is bad. I just answered the question.

It is amazing how many 16 year old kids come on this site and bash other people's ATV's to feel better about themselves.
Okay,
Sorry if your getting a little pissed! First off, I'm not 16. That was my old hockey number when I played semi-pro about 12 years ago and I'm a little attached to it still. I have seen and driven many AC's as my next door neighbor buys a new one every 18months or so. He gets rid of them before he has to start spending money on repairs, atleast that's what he tells me. He keeps buying them though because his first cousin owns an AC dealership. I even thought about buying one once but only for a second and then I thought better of it. The are loaded with features that other quads don't have, and this is how they try to sell atv's and gain market share. Fact is they are still unproven and if anything they are gaining a bad rap around here for reliabilty.
Obviously mudblaster has owned one and has first hand experience with his and he confirms that they do squat like a puck bunny being blind sided. I understand you like your machine and that's fine. I'm sure it has some good qualities about it but facts are facts. Most knowledge ATV people would agree that IRS certainly was NOT developed for utility, and if you continue to pull really heavy loads on a regular basis for an extended period of time you will have some major repairs to deal with. Also about the rack, do you not think that attachments can be added to the racks of any machine? I'm not saying that a honda can go more places than your AC either but the higher center of gravity on the AC can be very dangerous and the risks don't outweigh the benefit of a couple more inches of ground clearance. With all those mountains out there your probably pretty carefull when you are going up one and have to turn the wheels slightly. Watch that belt doesn't start to slip when you get some mud and water in there....if you get into mud and water that deep.

Old 07-15-2005, 09:37 AM
Range Rover

Hey Catterman, Do you have the BOSS on that Browning of yours? I have a Browning BAR Safari w/boss 30-06. I just loaded some 200 gr. Swift A-frames....which I will use on Moose this fall. I will loose a bit of ballistics with the 200 gr.'s, but they create a wicked wound channel and quick death. They say the average moose in Ontario is shot at 80 yards, but I figure I should be in real good shape out to about 250. I use 150gr. balistic silver tips on white tails....it stops them instantly and from a long ways away too. Those pictures are breathtaking. You are a lucky man to be living out there!

Old 07-15-2005, 04:53 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Well Pete I guess we just have different ideas as far as utility ATV's go. I will leave it at that.

Yes I do have the BOSS on my BAR, I don't know if it does any good or not, but is sure is cool looking. I acutally use the CR end on it most of the time, as the muzzle brake is just too lound for me. With those bullets you should have no problem with the moose, good luck! 35 more days until our moose season starts [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-15-2005, 07:56 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: RedGoblin
Explain to me why Honda sucks.
I guess you did not read my post.

Old 07-15-2005, 08:57 PM
Trailblazer

For all you Polaris and Artic fans read this.....http://www.atvtv.com/500class.html
Also you Arctic fans do you know that its the same Engine as Suzuki??

What sold me is that Honda had the no belt drive, ESP mode if you want, and the NAME!

Quick Reply: "POLL" Whats the Best utility ATV out there?!