Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

"POLL" Whats the Best utility ATV out there?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 08:40 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "POLL" Whats the Best utility ATV out there?!

Just a Poll...Whats the Best todate Utility 4-wheeler out there.
I vote for Honda Rubicon 500 but then again I did try them all when I bought it.

Old 07-13-2005, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

i have an 04 rubicon and an 04 kawi 700 prarie.
and i have to go with the prarie because it dose everything the ruby dose and more.
if you had of asked this question 7 months ago i would have to agree with you.
but im hooked on that kawi power and it rides better then the 04 rubicon.
i dont know if it rides better then the 05 rubys but i still think the kewi will blow it away.

Old 07-13-2005, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

You say the 700 praire will blow the Rubicon away. I would hope a 700 has more power than a 500.

Old 07-13-2005, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

The Rubi might not have the power of the other big bores but what sets it apart from all the rest is that wonderful and versitile Hondamatic tranny. I also agree the praire V-twin is a great engine, just imagine if we could put the two together.

Old 07-13-2005, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider

Make sure you keep up n oil changes on the rubicon. Those trannies cost a fortune to repair.

Old 07-14-2005, 02:11 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Best" is a subjective term, that will mean something different to every different person you ask. For me, the "best" utility doesn't exist! It would be something along the lines of a Wolverine, but lighter, more powerful, selectable 2wd/4wd, minimalist light easily removable racks, sport bike suspension, etc.

Now if you want my list of "worst" utilities, it's a mile long...................... The present crop of "utilities" are for the most part just a bunch of farm work tractors, that masquerade as trail machines.

Old 07-14-2005, 02:13 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: WISTECH
Make sure you keep up n oil changes on the rubicon. Those trannies cost a fortune to repair.
If you can actually manage to break one.

Old 07-14-2005, 02:13 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Farmking
The Rubi might not have the power of the other big bores but what sets it apart from all the rest is that wonderful and versitile Hondamatic tranny. I also agree the praire V-twin is a great engine, just imagine if we could put the two together.
I've often dreamed of this proposition[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]no joke...Yes, my vote for the best utility would be the Prairie 700 frame with regular A-arms up front instead of struts and the Rubicon transmission, not the belt. Maybe a 750 instead, but don't want to overpower the chassis.

Old 07-14-2005, 08:58 AM
Pro Rider

It would be a 4x4 450r with high gears for spead and low gears for pulling. selectable 2wd/4wd. fPush button front locker. Adjustable shocks for haulings or jumping. Removeable light weight racks. Semiautomatic transmission with a clutch you can use if you want. 2 sets of tires 18 inch maxxis razors and 25 0r 26 inch dirt hooks. Full skid plates. Derestricted(pipe, jets ,no lid)
perfect quad right there.

Old 07-14-2005, 11:54 AM
Pro Rider

I'd say the brute force. The torque is unbelivable my uncle has one and i was amazed. It drives circles around foremans and grizzlys in the mud and his brother who owns a 440 raced him the 440 whoops the brute on top end but bottom that brute pulls the 440 till about 45mph and they are both very skilled ice racers so it isnt that one of them suck at riding. So my vote is for the brute force

Quick Reply: "POLL" Whats the Best utility ATV out there?!