Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rerouting hoses- HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 08:20 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rerouting hoses- HELP!

I have a 2005 Honda Foreman S.

I went through water that was almost up over the tires and it rains here a lot so i will be doing it occaisonally and would like to seal up as much as i can to prevent damage.

Anyway, I was told that I would need to reroute my hoses so that I wouldn't get water in the air box or in the differential breather hoses (i don't know where that is).

I have no idea of where to start. If there is anyone that could tell me which hoses i need to rerun and where would be a good place to put them that would be great.
Please help!!

Old 07-20-2005, 02:00 PM
Pro Rider

The differential hoses are the small hoses coming where the axles are located. You would want to extend them to be as high up as possible usually near the handlebars as this is the last thing to go under when you are doing serious mud bogs.

Many into this sport also extend the air intake so it has a snorkle. Basically, you are trying to allow the quad to go completely under water without it actually taking water into the engine. You would also want to extend the exhaust up in the air so if you stalled the engine, water wouldn't run in.

You really need to look though. You hoses are probably already extended higher than tire height. They are usually run up under the gas tank somewhere or up under the plastic by the front racks.

/jon

Old 07-21-2005, 11:11 AM
Trailblazer

thanks for the info, i will have to check it out and see exactly where they go.
I just want to get all the hoses as high as i can b/c where i ride there are puddles and then there are mud holes and somtimes it is hard to tell how deep it is when you come around a corner.

i have already gone through a water hole and the water came up to the fuel shut of valve, when i noticed how high it came up it was too late. i just floored and hope for the best....

Old 07-21-2005, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider

They are usually a small 1/4" or so rubber hose, one for each differential, and maybe one on the rear drum brake. Follow them from the differntial/or brake to where they end.

Old 07-21-2005, 09:51 PM
Trailblazer

thanks, if i need to make them longer i guess it is best to use one piece of tube rather than splicing two pieces.

I am thinking of getting a snorkel for my airbox too but i am not sure if i can take a drill to my plastic without sheding a tear.

i am looking for one for the exhaust too.