Old 10-23-2000, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Power is nothing without control.......

Old 10-23-2000, 04:22 PM
Pro Rider

People, give it up!

The 400ex is fast, stock the raptor is faster.

Of course, I also love how all these Yamaha guys are like, oh the raptor can kick the hell outta a 400ex, I would freakin hope so people, its got a third bigger engine for god's sake. Come on now. If I built an engine with 400 cc's and my buddy built one with 660, I would damn hope it would be faster than mine! But...if I could build a 440, that would run with his 660, I would be damn proud of myself!
I would hope that your raptor can outrun any 400ex, let alone a stock one, but seems that just not the case now is it?
To me, it still doesnt even seem a fair fight a full race 400ex vs. a stock raptor, those full race bikes still only have 440cc's, not 660, but yet.....I guess its being made unfair, but not for the 400 guys, for the raptor guys.
Why cant we all just say, both are fast?
Hell, I got a 250r, its fast, my friend has a 300r, its fast, anotehr friend has a 440ex, its fast, then I got a friend with a 300ex, its not so fast, but guess what, we were all ridin the otehr day in the woods which are tight and twisty, not a one of us with our modded MX bikes could touch that basicaly stock 300ex.
Its all what you do with what you got.

Old 10-23-2000, 04:26 PM
Range Rover

Hehe, I am sure people here would laugh at me if I were to even try to compare a TRX250R that had a 300 or 330 kit on it to a STOCK Banshee. You just cant make that kind of comparison, yet I see people doing this type of comparison with the Raptor all the time. If you look at this comparison of quads you will see how unfair it is...
Comparing the 400EX to a Raptor is exactly like comparing a TRX250r to a Banshee

Of course the 400EX will beat it at stadium/MX stuff, just like the 250R beat the Banshee at the same thing.

On the other hand, the Banshee has a consistent record at beating 250Rs in sand drags, hill climbs and desert type races. I am sure that the Raptor will follow in those footsteps.

Old 10-23-2000, 04:28 PM
Trailblazer

I agree. Banshees have tons of power, which is generally unusable. I watched a piped & Jetted banchee get smoked four times in a row by a piped and jetted 400EX in a 1/8th mile drag on packed gravel. Each rider took two runs on each bike and the results were exactly the same every time. The banshee spins, the 400 accelerates. Both riders are sponsored racers. I have yet to see a Raptor race anything around here. They tend to watch because they are afraid to break their expensive new bikes.

Old 10-23-2000, 10:01 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Gary660raptor (blue)The stock 400ex isn't even in the class of a raptor.Don't even compare them in a dragrace.I gave up 220cc even with the mods on mine.And there still was a close race and hell yeah I was drinking afterwards,celebrating.Bring that blue woosey around and let me show you how it happened.Maybe it would be more to some guys liking if I go buy a raptor junk the motor and put the big bore on the yamaha frame?Yeah I'll try that.Maybe a blue one.HeHeHe.

Old 10-23-2000, 10:25 PM
Trailblazer

Hey atvdunepro,not much sand around here but plenty of blacktop.Take the sand tires and burn them,then grab your sister gary990 or whatever the deal is and we'll say it is a good match.That is you and she and let's line them up JUST to be friendly.So to all you good buddys"don't sing it BRING it" I would like to ride with you guys sometime you are such kidders,and story tellers.3x in a row what a looser. They are kinda cute though.HeHeHe ...Catch me later.Sammy

Old 10-24-2000, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider

What is funny here, is the fact that this thread only proves that speed costs, how fast do you wanna go? Raptor is faster, no 440EX is faster, no turbo DS is faster, no, Turbo Banshee is faster, no, well you get my point. Cubic dollars is the answer here my friends, so for all you drag racers, why don't you just compare bank accounts?

Old 10-24-2000, 09:14 AM
Pro Rider

so far i have not seen a raptor lose to anything you guy are racing bad drivers. It is that simple. I am actually thinking of buying one so i can personally bring it to everyone of one you an beat you guys. I have seen it beat the EX so easily, there was no competition. God my freinds 1996 Polaris 400 Xpress, beat a 400ex everytime in a 500 foot grass drag. and the Raptor easily beat the Xpress. Maybe it suxs that the Ex is no longer the top dog of sport quads get over it and stop making statements that are not true, the only way you are beating a Raptor is a very VERY inexperienced driver or you have thousands into aftermarket perfomance enhancing stuff. Get over it already.

Old 10-24-2000, 10:01 AM
Pro Rider

ridzhard,

Right on! I don't think any more can be added to this conversation. It's all according to how much a person wants to spend and what they are willing to give up in terms of reliability and usage.

As far as a moddified state of tune, the Raptor's sister engine found in the MuZ bikes goes about 86 rear wheel horsepower when cammed and bored to a 686cc. If you wanted a drag race only, it might be possible to get close to 100 hp, but it might only last a race or two, so the argument goes back to what are you willing to give up. The same can be said about the Rotax 660 found in the DS and the Banshee motor if you're willing to put big bore cylinders on it.

Old 10-24-2000, 10:44 AM
Pro Rider

Maybe you could trade in your Pathfinder for a new Raptor?? Might have to throw in a couple thousand in addition to the Nissan. These forums are really getting old. Can't remember when the last time I've got any useful information out of here. Good day.

Quick Reply: Fact Raptor(myth)