Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Fact Raptor(myth)

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2000, 12:55 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After re-reading my previous posts concerning this initial post, I did'nt notice where I compared a stock 400ex to a Raptor. I won't waste my time "bringing it", you are the one that "wants it", come get it!

Old 10-24-2000, 01:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

HEY ALL YOU GUYS REPLYING TO 440 BIGBORES AD.AS FAR AS COMPARISONS,440 VS 660 THERE SHOULDN'T BA ANY YAMAHA COMPLAINTS.I WAS THE RIDER ON IT AT TOUR DE FOREST.ASA FAR AS CONTROL ,NO QUESTION, I'VE GOT IT.!THEY DONT PRODUCE AN ATV THAT I CAN'T HANDLE.I'M NOT A PROFESSIONAL RIDER, BUT IF YOU 660 RAPTOR RIDERS,OR BANSHEE BOYS OR ANY OTHER ATV'S 660 OR LESS WANT TO TRY IT OUT !!!!DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME CRYING ON HERE OR COMPLAINING TO YOUR GIRLFRIEND .IT'S AN OPEN CHALLENGE.DON'T SING IT JUST BRING IT. ALL BY THE WAY I RIDE A MODIFIED WARRIOR AND DON'T INTEND TO SWITCH ANYTIME SOON. BUT I WON'T MAKE ANY EXCUSES.MINE WORKS GOOD, BUT DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING FOR THAT MODIFIED HONDA

Old 10-24-2000, 10:07 PM
Trailblazer

The guy who is bragging up polaris is full of ****, no affense but i have been a wencher for them for some time and none of them are quick.I also have with a scrambler fully mod and it still won't beat a banshee!

Old 10-24-2000, 10:36 PM
Trailblazer

From the $ss kicking I gave a few 400EX's I dont think a modded 400ex will beat it. It might be close but you will need a few grand to put in it, then what if the Raptor has a few mods, you would lose agian.

Old 10-24-2000, 11:09 PM
Trailblazer

I'm sorry I caused such a ruckuss.The raptor would more than likely take my bike on a 1/8 mi. run,1 mi.run whatever.But the race was 300'.The STOCK ex isn't in the class of a stock raptor.It just isn't.But my heavely moded EX is up to snuff even 220cc less.It was a friendly drag.But even I was AMAZED my bike ate the raptor 3X in a row.3X in a row.An even slightly moded raptor would have spanked me,more than likely.I'm sure you guys realize I knew I would hear it all from the raptor rider drinking and being inexperienced to whatever,and that is okay.Everyone is intitled to there opinion,but you had to be there and it was SWeeeT.There is no denying it.The stock raptor is a POOCH!!!Woops here I go again causing a ruckuss again.HeHeHeHeHeHe.......

Old 10-24-2000, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider

Buddy, The Raptor DID get beat! I saw the dang thing!

Okay, lets really look at this. In the shootout, the Raptor was faster, but didn't handle as good at the 400ex. So, $5599 for a 400, $6499 for a Raptor. Okay, add 500 bucks for a-arms and 350 for a wider axle to the Raptor. Giving The 400ex $1,750 bucks for engine work. I believe that's alot for a 440 kit and all the fixins.....
Oh yeah, and a hundred bucks to replace that crappy plastic swing arm guard on the Raptor too...

Hey, and I was also blown away by a Raptor at the Tour-de-Forest. I've got the 14 tooth front, I was in 5th wound tight and he was in 3rd. So I'm not just being a dick here, it's just the facts. From what I've seen, the Raptor is a nice machine, but, if i can add 40cc's to my machine and blow one away? I think Honda is still the winner here if you want to really compare it to a Raptor overall.

Old 10-25-2000, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider

With riders that are less experienced drag racing, one way is to have a 10-15 mph rolling start. This creates even compition most of the time. Good reaction time can win you drag races with less motor and.

'99 400EX
'97 400 Sport

Old 10-25-2000, 12:50 AM
Pro Rider

EXPERIENCE!

Old 10-25-2000, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

I was at Tour De woods with JCV400EX, My Stock Raptor handles great, and my Modified 400EX handled great, They both go faster than anyone needs in the woods, and the ONLY reason I bought my Raptor was for the Reverse, not the extra power, but it does have extra torque. I am amazed at the amount of time we as a group waste on this subject. Every one of the forums has literally hundreds of these posts.....My EX blows your Craptor away.......My Raptor smokes your DS.....My Corvette beats your Neon & My Tacoma will run Circles around your Scrambler in the mud.

THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS THAT YOU ARE HAPPY WITH WHAT YOU RIDE. Not that it can outrun your bud's quad, that it jumps better with a Pro rider at the controls, or that it only gets 2 MPG. Now, if you catch wood outrunning other ATV's so be it, just don't cram it down our throats.

That said, I like both machines, and I'm sure if I rode a DS 650, I'd like it too, but see, I'm a computer geek, not a pro quad racer. I ride my machine in the woods, on poker runs, and out to dinner with buddies. The only time I need to go 75MPH is to perform Apprehension Avoidance, and that rarely happens.

Hey JCV400EX, we might plan a ride this Saturday at like 2:00pm on Woodchuck, you game???? Send me an email.....................

Old 10-26-2000, 11:37 AM
Range Rover

Come on people.... You try to compare a volkswagon to a porsche... I,d like to see people get real and start comparing cc to cc instead of honda vs yamaha.

Quick Reply: Fact Raptor(myth)